Old August 29th 04, 12:24 PM
MartinF

Default Sony icf-sw07: call ROM date ?

Hello and greetings from England ,

I have just purchased from a private seller a Sony icf-sw07 . There appears
to be no indicator of the date of manufacture although the handbook says
"copyright 1998" .serial number is 32414.

The handbook contains a leaflet inviting purchase of a new ROM with current
information from F Corp.,Tokyo for about usd20.

The handbook says the ROM has the date printed on it but my ROM merely has a
sticker that says "JBJC".

Does anyone know if this code means anything datewise?

Thanks for reading and any comments
--

Martin

please remove spamtrap if replying direct

Old September 1st 04, 04:39 PM
Stephan Grossklass

MartinF schrieb:

Hello and greetings from England ,

I have just purchased from a private seller a Sony icf-sw07 . There appears
to be no indicator of the date of manufacture although the handbook says
"copyright 1998" .serial number is 32414.

The handbook contains a leaflet inviting purchase of a new ROM with current
information from F Corp.,Tokyo for about usd20.

The handbook says the ROM has the date printed on it but my ROM merely has a
sticker that says "JBJC".

Does anyone know if this code means anything datewise?

Many SW07s seem to have been shipped with this ROM. It's probably rather
dated by now, and I'd purchase a current one. The guys at F Corp. have
an e-mail address which IIRC has been posted in the SW07 Yahoo! Group.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W
Old September 1st 04, 09:11 PM
beaver

MartinF wrote:
Hello and greetings from England ,

I have just purchased from a private seller a Sony icf-sw07 . There appears
to be no indicator of the date of manufacture although the handbook says
"copyright 1998" .serial number is 32414.

The handbook contains a leaflet inviting purchase of a new ROM with current
information from F Corp.,Tokyo for about usd20.

The handbook says the ROM has the date printed on it but my ROM merely has a
sticker that says "JBJC".

Does anyone know if this code means anything datewise?

Thanks for reading and any comments

The code is a=1, b=2, to J=0. Your rom chip is the year 02-03 version
or 2002-2003.