Old August 29th 04, 03:22 PM
David

Default Do Vets even know who their friends are?

We are here to ask, and we are here to ask vehemently, where are the
leaders of our country? Where is the leadership? We're here to ask
where are McNamara, Rostow, Bundy, Gilpatrick, and so many others?
Where are they now that we, the men they sent off to war, have
returned? These are the commanders who have deserted their troops. And
there is no more serious crime in the laws of war. The Army says they
never leave their wounded. The Marines say they never even leave their
dead. These men have left all the casualties and retreated behind a
pious shield of public rectitude. They've left the real stuff of their
reputations bleaching behind them in the sun in this country....

We wish that a merciful God could wipe away our own memories of that
service as easily as this administration has wiped away their memories
of us. But all that they have done, and all that they can do by this
denial, is to make more clear than ever our own determination to
undertake one last mission: To search out and destroy the last vestige
of this barbaric war; to pacify our own hearts; to conquer the hate
and fear that have driven this country these last ten years and more.
And more. And so, when, thirty years from now, our brothers go down
the street without a leg, without an arm, or a face, and small boys
ask why, we will be able to say "Vietnam" and not mean a desert, not a
filthy obscene memory, but mean instead where America finally turned,
and where soldiers like us helped it in the turning.

Old August 29th 04, 08:05 PM
uncle arnie

Vets' best friends are the pets and other animals they looks after!

Label your off topic stuff as that please.

Old August 29th 04, 10:18 PM
vaneweathers

"David" wrote in message

We wish that a merciful God could wipe away our own memories of that
service as easily as this administration has wiped away their memories
of us.

That's very easy. Just go down to the local VFW Hall
or A.L. Post, slide up to the bar, put some green stamps
on the place in front of U and get good and sloshed on Miller
or Rolling Rock with some 7 and 7's tossed in 4 good
measure.

Works for me!

Old September 1st 04, 01:38 AM
JuLiE Dxer

Help me out here, which part of the shortwave radio spectrum does this
pertain to??? You damn spammer, ISP notified, kill filter
implemented.