Old August 31st 04, 01:06 AM
George Ashley

Default Bush, the ultimate flip flopper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The list of flops and flips grows.....

Here's the latest (and quite possibly the best):

"We have a clear vision on how to win the war on terror and bring peace to the
world."

Okay. I’m with ya. War against terrorists is clear, victory is certain.
Sounds good coming from a "strong" leader.

So anyway, that was last month. Yesterday, Mr. Bush reaffirmed that strong
stance against terrorism and certain march to victory:

"I don’t think you can win [the war on terror]. But I think you can create
conditions so that the — those who use terror as a tool are — less
acceptable in parts of the world.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/bre...p-195190c.html

Whoops! Hmmm.

I dunno. What would that qualify as? A flip? Or a flop? Or maybe a floop?

W4FQF Polly
Old August 31st 04, 01:27 AM
Diverd4777

I support Free speech
However
you can't screasm " FIRE !" in a crowded theater;
- Someone'll shoot you dead..

- So he's for free speech
then
he's Not for free speech....
He's For the second ammendment \
unless it's a gun pointed at him

Wonder what he'll say if you ask him " How you doing ?'

He Flips, he Flops

Clearly can't be trusted..

Cheney / Bush / Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr

For the never ending War
In the Mideast...

Four More Years . . .

Old August 31st 04, 09:16 PM
clifto

George Ashley wrote:
"I don?t think you can win [the war on terror]. But I think you can create
conditions so that the ? those who use terror as a tool are ? less
acceptable in parts of the world.?

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/bre...p-195190c.html

Whoops! Hmmm.

I dunno. What would that qualify as? A flip? Or a flop? Or maybe a floop?

It looks very much to me like a clipped quote. The original is really
weaselly; it tries to make it look like they asked him what it would
take to win the war on terror, but if you look closely, the war on
terror wasn't mentioned in quotes, just after the fact. What they
asked him was, "Can we win?", according to their own quotes. But
somehow I have the feeling we'd have heard something entirely different
had we been there at the time.

--
John Kerry walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Why the long face?"