Old September 3rd 04, 05:59 PM
Don

Default Kaito KA-105

Pros? Cons? Suggestions?

Old September 3rd 04, 07:07 PM
Mike S.

In article . net,
Don wrote:
Pros? Cons? Suggestions?

http://www.passband.com/pages/receivernews.htm

Pros: tiny size, direct frequency entry by keypad, decent sensitivity

Cons: tinny speaker audio, limited SW frequency coverage, modest
selectivity

For the price, you can't get a niftier shirt pocket radio ... just be
aware of performance limitations.

Old September 3rd 04, 09:22 PM
Sanjaya

"Don" wrote...
Pros? Cons? Suggestions?

I got a KA-105 and liked it a lot.
Then I got a Tecsun PL-200 and
wished I'd saved the money I spent
on the 105.

The PL-200 has full SW coverage, and
a nifty antenna gain switch making it
more sensitive. NiMH batteries can be
recharged in the radio. It needs 220 volts but
eBay seller Liypn will include the needed
transformer free. The PL-200 is slightly bigger than the
105, but still fits in a jacket pocket. It's my favorite
"carry around the house" radio.

The Grundig E-100 will be the same radio,
but cost (my guess) approximately twice as much as the
Tecsun version. And... it may or may not recharge
batteries in the radio. e.g. the Grundig YB-550
doesn't do that, but the same radio by Tecsun (PL-230)
does.

Old September 4th 04, 12:26 AM
Diverd4777

In article , (Mike S.)
writes:

Speaking of which: have you folks seen the photos of the Degen DE1105
prototype? It looks like the PL-230. (It's linked from the news section of
http://www.radiointel.com).

- Quite strange..
Translated it on Babblefish;

disn't make sense