Old September 5th 04, 12:53 AM
D. Martin

Default Grundig Majestic Console...

I bought an old grundig console SO 12 U1. It's a nice-looking piece. I
gutted it. I was thinking of using it primarily as a speaker cabinet.
Did I do the wrong thing, gutting it? Just thought I'd field a few
opinions. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Old September 5th 04, 01:49 AM
Honus

"D. Martin" wrote in message
I bought an old grundig console SO 12 U1. It's a nice-looking piece. I
gutted it. I was thinking of using it primarily as a speaker cabinet.
Did I do the wrong thing, gutting it? Just thought I'd field a few
opinions. Darren

I see that you've got a link to The Overcomer Ministry at your web page. Are
you a follower of Brother Stair?

Old September 5th 04, 01:50 AM
Honus

"Dan" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:53:28 -0600, (D. Martin) wrote:

I bought an old grundig console SO 12 U1. It's a nice-looking piece. I
gutted it. I was thinking of using it primarily as a speaker cabinet.
Did I do the wrong thing, gutting it? Just thought I'd field a few
opinions. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Dunno about the Grundig, but the Gay Biker look isn't really working
for you.

I think you mean that it isn't working for -you-.

Old September 5th 04, 01:58 AM
Honus

"Dan" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:50:38 GMT, "Honus"
wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:53:28 -0600, (D. Martin) wrote:

I bought an old grundig console SO 12 U1. It's a nice-looking piece.

gutted it. I was thinking of using it primarily as a speaker cabinet.
Did I do the wrong thing, gutting it? Just thought I'd field a few
opinions. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Dunno about the Grundig, but the Gay Biker look isn't really working
for you.

I think you mean that it isn't working for -you-.

No, you're projecting.

No, you're not getting the joke. His gay biker look might be working for him
just fine. It's just not sending -you- onto a frenzy. Does that make more
sense?

Old September 5th 04, 02:11 AM
Honus

"Dan" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:58:19 GMT, "Honus"
wrote:

No, you're not getting the joke. His gay biker look might be working for

him
just fine. It's just not sending -you- onto a frenzy. Does that make more
sense?

Yes, but that was not my point. The Gay Biker look comment was meant
as an insult. As in "Dude, you look like a gay biker. Lose the gay
mustache and the leather".

Yeah...I got -your- joke. I just added one of my own. Although I wonder why
you're slamming the guy out of the blue over his "look". Got any photos of
yourself on the web? g

Old September 5th 04, 02:38 AM
Brian Hill

"Honus" wrote in message
newsJt_c.1191$Va5.902@trnddc01...

wrote:

No, you're not getting the joke. His gay biker look might be working

for
him
just fine. It's just not sending -you- onto a frenzy. Does that make

more
sense?

Yes, but that was not my point. The Gay Biker look comment was meant
as an insult. As in "Dude, you look like a gay biker. Lose the gay
mustache and the leather".

Yeah...I got -your- joke. I just added one of my own. Although I wonder

why
you're slamming the guy out of the blue over his "look". Got any photos of
yourself on the web? g

tou·ché!!!!

B.H.

Old September 5th 04, 04:14 AM
Frank Dresser

"D. Martin" wrote in message
I bought an old grundig console SO 12 U1. It's a nice-looking piece. I
gutted it. I was thinking of using it primarily as a speaker cabinet.
Did I do the wrong thing, gutting it? Just thought I'd field a few
opinions. Darren

It's your radio, so there's nothing wrong with gutting it and using it for a
speaker cabinet. Of course, if the radio worked well, it would be silly to
gut it.

These things are usually repairable by knowledgeable professionals, but the
cost of the repairs frequently is more than what these radios are worth in
good working condition. I got my small Grundig console back working for
less than $10 worth of parts, but I wasn't charging anybody for my time.

If you still have the chassis, please consider offering it to someone for
it's parts. There's some transformers and mechanical bits on it which are
hard to find anywhere except on an old chassis. Donating your chassis may
keep some other Grundigs working. Also, some hobbyist might offer a trade,
say for a nice speaker -- or pair of speakers, for your cabinet and chassis.

rec.antiques.radio+phono would be a good place to get in touch with
hobbyists who fix up old radios.

Frank Dresser

Old September 5th 04, 09:29 AM
CW

Maybe he is a gay biker.

"Dan" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:53:28 -0600, (D. Martin) wrote:
Dunno about the Grundig, but the Gay Biker look isn't really working
for you.

Dan

Old September 5th 04, 04:26 PM
D. Martin

Hey everybody, thanks for responding. Frank, your opinion made perfect
sense to me, I appreciate your taking the time. As far as my physical
appearance is concerned, and the contents of my webpage, make up your
own mind. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Old September 5th 04, 09:41 PM
Honus

"D. Martin" wrote in message
Hey everybody, thanks for responding. Frank, your opinion made perfect
sense to me, I appreciate your taking the time. As far as my physical
appearance is concerned, and the contents of my webpage, make up your
own mind. Darren

Then in light of your other links, I'll take that as a "Yes, I'm a follower
of Brother Stair's." It's just that I've never met one of you before.

I will say this: you're being pretty gracious in light of the types of

GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM
FS: Grundig Majestic Model 97 (1958) Bill Shortwave 4 September 1st 03 09:09 AM