Old September 7th 04, 01:11 AM

Default Is there still a voice longwave station in Cleveland, Ohio?

about 20 years ago, there used to be a longwave radio station in
Cleveland, Ohio (beacon) that also had weather announcements in regular
AM voice.

I forget the frequency. I think it was somewhere between 300 and 400
khz (maybe 344 khz?)

well, whatever frequency it was or is, is this station still on the
air, and if so, does it still transmit weather announcements in regular
AM voice?

Now, I have to get back to Lake Erie.

Old September 7th 04, 11:59 AM
nana

wrote in message
about 20 years ago, there used to be a longwave radio station in
Cleveland, Ohio (beacon) that also had weather announcements in regular
AM voice.

I forget the frequency. I think it was somewhere between 300 and 400
khz (maybe 344 khz?)

well, whatever frequency it was or is, is this station still on the
air, and if so, does it still transmit weather announcements in regular
AM voice?

Now, I have to get back to Lake Erie.

Thanks to the wonders of Google:

CL
HARRI NDB
CLEVELAND, OH
Location
Lat/Long: 41-20-19.178N / 081-57-52.104W (41.3386606/-81.9644733)
Elevation:
Variation: 07W (1990)
Operational Characteristics
Type: NDB
Class: HW/LOM
Z marker: no
Frequency: 344
TACAN channel:
Hours of operation: 24
Voice: no
Voice ID: yes
Morse ID: -.-. .-..
NOTAM facility: CLE
FSS:
FSS hours of operation: 24
Technical Characteristics
Power: 250 watts
Accuracy: NOS
Monitoring: Internal monitoring plus status indicator
at control point
Owner: FEDERAL AVIATION ADMIN
Operator: FEDERAL AVIATION ADMIN
Common system usage: yes
For public use: yes

Brad.

Old September 8th 04, 05:30 AM
m II

nana wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Coming in faintly here. Morse only, so far
The code doesn't match what is shown above.

It's more like:

-.-- -.-- ------------ very long single dash

Not 100 percent sure though. there is some code in the background, very
faint which I can't make out.

4:18 GMT
Calgary Alberta (That's Canada, dxAce...)

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'
Old September 8th 04, 05:38 AM
m II

m II wrote:

There seems to be a beacon in Iowa at 344, along with a few he
I don't know any of their IDs though...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~cisquet/NDB.htm

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International
'Think tanks cleaned cheap'
Old September 8th 04, 05:45 AM
m II

m II wrote:
m II wrote:

There seems to be a beacon in Iowa at 344, along with a few he
I don't know any of their IDs though...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~cisquet/NDB.htm

This is never ending.There was one in Baker Montana...

344 BKU +1kHz Baker, MT 80W 1/9/98

http://members.aol.com/djlbeacon1/beaconlg.html

And some more he

344 JA Jacksonville, FL 400W 09/18
344 ZIY Grand Cayman Is. 1000W 09/18
344 CL Cleveland, OH 250W 09/18
344 TV Tallulah, LA 25W 01/17

http://www.datasync.com/~rocker/longwave.html

mike

Old September 8th 04, 06:03 AM
m II

m II wrote:
nana wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

make that -.-- -.-. which is YC ....an Alberta beacon. darn

mike

Old September 8th 04, 05:45 PM
clifto

m II wrote:
It's more like:

-.-- -.-- ------------ very long single dash
[snip]
Calgary Alberta (That's Canada, dxAce...)

YY is a location identifier for Mont-Joli, QC. I wonder...?

--
"The Democrats are all over this. Democratic strategists feel John Kerry's
war record means he can beat Bush. They say when it comes down to it, voters
Old September 8th 04, 05:53 PM
dxAce

m II wrote:

nana wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I'm very much aware of where Canada is, and Calgary's place in it.

I have a QSL from CFVP on 6030.

I'm afraid you might have me confused with Michael W. Bryant, he's the one who
can't tell Malaysia from Indonesia, or his ass from a hole in the ground for
that matter.

dxAce

Old September 9th 04, 02:01 AM
m II

dxAce wrote:

I have a QSL from CFVP on 6030.

A yes, the Voice of the Prairies. It rebroadcasts CKMX (1060 Khz) That
used to be CFCN a few years back.

http://www.billdulmage.com/history/alberta.html

I'm afraid you might have me confused with Michael W. Bryant, he's the one who
can't tell Malaysia from Indonesia, or his ass from a hole in the ground for
that matter.

Does Michael W Bryant send out QSL cards?

mike
Old September 9th 04, 05:47 AM
Telamon

In article JXN%c.111879$A8.67358@edtnps89,
m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I have a QSL from CFVP on 6030.

A yes, the Voice of the Prairies. It rebroadcasts CKMX (1060 Khz)
That used to be CFCN a few years back.

http://www.billdulmage.com/history/alberta.html

I'm afraid you might have me confused with Michael W. Bryant, he's
the one who can't tell Malaysia from Indonesia, or his ass from a
hole in the ground for that matter.

Does Michael W Bryant send out QSL cards?

He sends a bag of Cheetos.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM