Old September 12th 04, 10:04 PM
dxAce

Default Lincolnshire Poacher

LP heard at 2100 s/on on 9251 and 6959. Also sked on 5746 and if it was there it
was just at the threshold of hearing, I can't be sure.

dxAce

Old September 12th 04, 10:40 PM
yea right

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:04:03 -0400, dxAce wrote:

LP heard at 2100 s/on on 9251 and 6959. Also sked on 5746 and if it was
there it was just at the threshold of hearing,

weak but readable here in Denver Colorado, USA
Old September 12th 04, 10:46 PM
dxAce

Dan wrote:

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:04:03 -0400, dxAce wrote:

LP heard at 2100 s/on on 9251 and 6959. Also sked on 5746 and if it was there it
was just at the threshold of hearing, I can't be sure.

Just to be clear, are these AM or SSB? I'm still hearing nothing.
Probably my antenna is not big enough - 50 foot random in the attic.

SSB, USB.

Dan

Old September 12th 04, 10:58 PM
Volker Tonn

dxAce schrieb:
LP heard at 2100 s/on on 9251 and 6959. Also sked on 5746 and if it was there it
was just at the threshold of hearing, I can't be sure.

Was crystal clear on all 3 freqs in Berlin/ Germany.

Old September 13th 04, 01:41 AM
clifto

Dan wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:04:03 -0400, dxAce wrote:
LP heard at 2100 s/on on 9251 and 6959. Also sked on 5746 and if it was there it
was just at the threshold of hearing, I can't be sure.

Just to be clear, are these AM or SSB? I'm still hearing nothing.
Probably my antenna is not big enough - 50 foot random in the attic.

Don't feel bad. I didn't get a thing here either.

--
"The Democrats are all over this. Democratic strategists feel John Kerry's
war record means he can beat Bush. They say when it comes down to it, voters

Old September 14th 04, 04:49 AM
Mark S. Holden

Dan wrote:

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:04:03 -0400, dxAce wrote:

LP heard at 2100 s/on on 9251 and 6959. Also sked on 5746 and if it was there it
was just at the threshold of hearing, I can't be sure.

Just to be clear, are these AM or SSB? I'm still hearing nothing.
Probably my antenna is not big enough - 50 foot random in the attic.

Dan

My first antenna at this house was a random wire in my attic, and I
thought it was pretty good at first - then I realized RFI from all the
stuff in my house was stronger than many of the signals I wanted to hear.

If your radio has a signal strength meter, and it shows a fairly strong
signal when you aren't tuned to a station, you probably have the same
problem.

If so, the first thing I'd try is adding an impedance matching
transformer, and using coax or twin lead between the radio and the
transformer.

The next step after that would be to get your antenna away from the
house. Noise will go down as a square of the distance - so if you get
your antenna twice as far from devices that cause or wires that carry
RFI, you'll get 1/4 the noise.

Lincolnshire Poacher dxAce Shortwave 0 August 18th 04 10:10 PM
Lincolnshire Poacher @ 22:30 Michael Shortwave 2 August 17th 04 11:22 AM
Lincolnshire Poacher dxAce Shortwave 4 August 6th 04 02:03 PM
Lincolnshire Poacher N8KDV Shortwave 5 December 28th 03 12:42 AM
Lincolnshire Poacher Uncle Jizzie Shortwave 1 November 20th 03 08:12 PM