Old September 13th 04, 01:21 AM
Michael

Default Sony 7600gr & Comparison with......

Hiya....

I decided to order a Sony 7600gr. Years ago, before I got my R-75, I had a
Sony 7600g that I used for sw listening. I'm still sorry I sold it. Since
then, I have picked up a few other portables: KA-1101, KA-1102 and PL-550.
I've been meaning to get the 7600gr since it came out, and I finally went
ahead and ordered one. I got it from Etronics. $137.00 + $9.00 for
shipping.

It will be nice to have such a quality portable again. I think the best
part is going to be able to do some heavy duty side by side comparisons with
my KA-1102 and PL-550. This is going to be great !!!!
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: KA-1101,KA-1102,PL-550,
KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

Old September 13th 04, 02:47 AM
m II

Michael wrote:

It will be nice to have such a quality portable again. I think the best
part is going to be able to do some heavy duty side by side comparisons with
my KA-1102 and PL-550. This is going to be great !!!!

Didn't they tell you that the entire guts of the thing have been
changed? In an effort to save money, only components bought as 'seconds'
from other manufacturers are now being used *AND* the entire production
line staff are the ones who were demoted for the Grundig Satellit 800
quality control fiasco a few years ago.

Good luck!

mike

(just kidding g)
Old September 13th 04, 02:56 AM
Michael

"m II" wrote in message
Michael wrote:

It will be nice to have such a quality portable again. I think the best
part is going to be able to do some heavy duty side by side comparisons
with my KA-1102 and PL-550. This is going to be great !!!!

Didn't they tell you that the entire guts of the thing have been changed?
In an effort to save money, only components bought as 'seconds' from other
manufacturers are now being used *AND* the entire production line staff
are the ones who were demoted for the Grundig Satellit 800 quality control
fiasco a few years ago.

Good luck!

mike

(just kidding g)

But what about the ssb selectable am synch. That's gotta count for
somthing. ;-)

Michael

Old September 13th 04, 04:10 AM
m II

Michael wrote:

But what about the ssb selectable am synch. That's gotta count for
somthing. ;-)

Not really. As of Feb. 1 2005 there will be no more AM broadcasting
anywhere due to recently discovered health hazards. This medical
information has been just released by the Digital Broadcasters
Association as a public service..

mike