Old September 14th 04, 04:18 AM
m II

Default OT solar cell power information?

Anyone hooked up any photovoltaic panels for battery charging? I've been
offered two 75 watt panels and it might be fun to power some small loads
through a battery storage setup.

Major pitfalls? Clouds?

(off to do some research...)

mike
Old September 14th 04, 06:21 PM
MnMikew

"m II" wrote in message
Anyone hooked up any photovoltaic panels for battery charging? I've been
offered two 75 watt panels and it might be fun to power some small loads
through a battery storage setup.

Major pitfalls? Clouds?

(off to do some research...)

Panels that big should work fine in cloudy weather. Make sure you get a
charge controller though.

Old September 15th 04, 12:14 AM
Tom Randy

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:18:47 +0000, m II wrote:

Anyone hooked up any photovoltaic panels for battery charging? I've been
offered two 75 watt panels and it might be fun to power some small loads
through a battery storage setup.

Major pitfalls? Clouds?

(off to do some research...)

mike

There is PLENTY of info on the web about it. Google for more!

Old September 15th 04, 01:32 AM
H. Dziardziel

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:18:47 GMT, m II
wrote:

Anyone hooked up any photovoltaic panels for battery charging? I've been
offered two 75 watt panels and it might be fun to power some small loads
through a battery storage setup.

Major pitfalls? Clouds?

Determining battery charge level at any given time.
which is directly related to choosing the cell
chemistry/properties for the application/s needs
For 75 watts, perhaps some over engineering (depends on
application) since that is a peak rarely achieved power output
spec no doubt..

alt.solar.photovoltaic
sci.electronics.misc
Old September 15th 04, 01:45 AM
Eric F. Richards

m II wrote:

Anyone hooked up any photovoltaic panels for battery charging? I've been
offered two 75 watt panels and it might be fun to power some small loads
through a battery storage setup.

Major pitfalls? Clouds?

(off to do some research...)

mike

Yes, been there, done that. All my radios and most of my computer
gear run off solar power. Also makes for a great backup for 'fridge.

I'd tell you how to do it if you weren't such a hateful ****head. In
other words, you're on your own.

Old September 15th 04, 02:38 AM
m II

Eric F. Richards wrote:

I'd tell you how to do it if you weren't such a hateful ****head. In
other words, you're on your own.

I'm hurt.

I hate seeing a country on the other side of the globe invaded and
destroyed for political and monetary gain by a bunch of corrupt, immoral
monsters.

There is NO evidence to support being there.

I'm sorry we disagree on that and I hope you can sleep with your conscience.

mike
Old September 15th 04, 04:34 AM
Eric F. Richards

m II wrote:

Eric F. Richards wrote:

I'd tell you how to do it if you weren't such a hateful ****head. In
other words, you're on your own.

I'm hurt.

I hate seeing a country on the other side of the globe invaded and
destroyed for political and monetary gain by a bunch of corrupt, immoral
monsters.

There is NO evidence to support being there.

I'm sorry we disagree on that and I hope you can sleep with your conscience.

mike

Be hurt. Assume your holier-than-thou point of view. Become what you
despise. Make generalizations about people you don't know. But most
of all, make your statements in an inappropriate place, and shove them
down everyone's throat. You'd be the type to bring a porno movie to a
wedding reception.

You don't know jack about me. Or my point of view. Maybe my sig will
give you a hint.

--
Eric F. Richards,
"Making me root for a sanctimonious statist blowhard like Kerry isn't
Old September 15th 04, 04:04 PM
m II

Eric F. Richards wrote:

Be hurt. Assume your holier-than-thou point of view. Become what you
despise. Make generalizations about people you don't know.

Exactly what Bush, the lunatic religious right and the Neocon gangsters
are doing to the occupants of the Middle East.

But most
of all, make your statements in an inappropriate place, and shove them
down everyone's throat.

I asked for an opinion on solar panels. *YOU* called me names. Let's get
the story straight here.

You'd be the type to bring a porno movie to a
wedding reception.

Making generalizations about people you don't know?

You don't know jack about me. Or my point of view. Maybe my sig will
give you a hint.

Yes it did. You hate everyone that isn't like you and has oil under
their sovereign land. The words xenophobic and uneducated also come to mind.

Now, with your permission, I'd like to stop this little tete a tete
before you get uglier. Remember...YOU started this little episode with
an unprovoked comment, not me. Now, please go and resume your Devil worship.

mike
Old September 15th 04, 04:34 PM
Eric F. Richards

m II wrote:

Eric F. Richards wrote:

Be hurt. Assume your holier-than-thou point of view. Become what you
despise. Make generalizations about people you don't know.

Exactly what Bush, the lunatic religious right and the Neocon gangsters
are doing to the occupants of the Middle East.

So that makes it okay for you to do the same thing, then?

But most
of all, make your statements in an inappropriate place, and shove them
down everyone's throat.

I asked for an opinion on solar panels. *YOU* called me names. Let's get
the story straight here.

Your reputation and posting history precede you. I gave you that
answer because you JUST WON'T SHUT UP about non RADIO related things
in this newsgroup.

You'd be the type to bring a porno movie to a
wedding reception.

Making generalizations about people you don't know?

Drawing a conclusion based on your posting history, which, BTW, will
live on forever. You can't erase it.

You don't know jack about me. Or my point of view. Maybe my sig will
give you a hint.

Yes it did. You hate everyone that isn't like you and has oil under
their sovereign land. The words xenophobic and uneducated also come to mind.

That's interesting. Do you have any "logic" to back that up? Or just
ideology?

Now, with your permission, I'd like to stop this little tete a tete
before you get uglier. Remember...YOU started this little episode with
an unprovoked comment, not me. Now, please go and resume your Devil worship.

mike

I worship no devil.

Permission *denied.*

So, what IS it with you and some of your countrymen that the only way
they can make themselves feel good is to belittle the U.S. in one
broad sweep? You have a fine country -- why don't you be proud of it
on its merits rather than puff yourself up by belittling others, in
one broad sweep, as if 300,000,000 people can be summed up by one
venom-laced sentence?

--
Eric F. Richards,
"I have in mind a bloodbath that is thoroughly bipartisan. Let the

Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1420 - October 29, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 October 30th 04 05:28 PM
Solar cell modules maxfoo Homebrew 252 April 30th 04 03:09 AM
Solar cell modules maxfoo Homebrew 0 April 11th 04 03:11 PM
More power questions Jack Twilley General 0 November 14th 03 08:31 PM
Derivation of the Reflection Coefficient? Dr. Slick Antenna 104 September 6th 03 02:27 AM