Old September 24th 04, 01:33 PM
dxAce

Default Hurricane Hunter etc.

It is Friday 3:15am (0715z) and as Hurricane Jeanne continues to bear
down on us here in Brevard County Florida, I am hearing one of the Hurricane
Hunters acft ("Teal 14") out of Keesler AFB. He is up with MWARA CAR-A New York

Rdo on 5550.0 kHz USB.
His mission is important, but I do not see that it will help us much.
We are as prepared or unprepared as we can be for this storm. Looks
certain it will hit us here, very late Saturday or Sunday; there is nothing to
steer it away from us this time. Also it will be gaining strength as it passes
through the Gulf Stream, and it will most likely be a Category 3 when it hits
us.
The worst part of the scenario is that there are tons and tons of debris
still on the ground here. The promised debris removal trucks never showed up,
so there are huge piles of trees, plywood, aluminum and junk in front of every
house. A Cat 3 hurricane is gonna spread this junk all over the landscape.
Not good.
Maybe Teal 14 will report some good news and I will post it here if he
does, but I cannot imagine what it would be.
At least I have time to reprogram my FPL and EOC freqs into the Pro-34 I
use for hurricanes.
(Al Stern-Florida via WUN)

dxAce