Old September 25th 04, 12:23 AM
David

Default AC Adapter for FR200

I just ordered a Grundig FR200 without an AC Adapter. Anyone know the best
AC Adapter to use with the FR200. Apparantly if the wattage is too high it
is not good for
charging the radio. The online manual says if rating is over 100 mills to
not charge the radio more than two hours. Does Radio Shack have a good
match?

Old September 26th 04, 03:23 PM
Mojo

I have used my FR-200 with a RadioShack #273-1757 4.5V DC adapter,
which is rated at up to 700 mA output, with no adverse affects, even
when the radio was plugged into it overnight or longer. The adapter
is $17.99, and includes a choice of the necessary plug tip.

But note, the manual included with my FR-200 says the adapter should
be "4.5V DC, negative polarity, 200 milliamperes or greater", and
makes no mention of limiting the time it's plugged in. It also makes
no mention of whether or not the AC adapter actually charges the NiMH
battery while powering the radio. (It does, however.)

I don't know if there has been a change in the battery/charger
circuitry of the FR-200 since I bought mine (over a year ago), so you
can take my experience for what it's worth. Universal Radio sells a
Grundig adapter for use with the FR-200, for $12.95 + s/h. I do not
know its rated current output, but I would guess they would not
suggest an adapter that would damage your radio. Check it out at
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2200.html.

Hope this helps.

jm