Old September 29th 04, 08:03 PM
Mike Terry

Default WYFR may be off the air for some weeks

Jeff White reports on behalf of the National Association of Shortwave
Broadcasters (NASB): "I just got a call from Evelyn Marcy, Dan Elyea's
secretary at WYFR in Okeechobee. She said that Dan wanted me to let the
Board know that there has been extensive damage at the transmitter site from
Hurricane Jeanne. All power is out. Power poles are broken in half across
Route 98, reducing it to one lane. When Hurricane Frances hit three weeks
ago, part of the roof of the transmitter building was torn off, and this
time even more was torn off. They have not been able to do an assessment of
damage to the transmitters and antenna field yet, but the towers are still
standing. (They have 14 transmitters at this site.) There are rumours that
it will take at least three weeks to restore power in the area, so WYFR is
probably going to be off the air for some time. I will let you know if I get
any updates."

(Source: Jeff White, NASB, Sept 27, via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Old September 29th 04, 08:07 PM
dxAce

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

Yep, that's nice... but posted by yours truly earlier.

You really need to pay attention Mike.

dxAce

Old September 29th 04, 08:52 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

| Jeff White reports on behalf of the National Association of Shortwave
| Broadcasters (NASB): "I just got a call from Evelyn Marcy, Dan Elyea's
| secretary at WYFR in Okeechobee. She said that Dan wanted me to let the
| Board know that there has been extensive damage at the transmitter site
from
| Hurricane Jeanne. All power is out. Power poles are broken in half across
| Route 98, reducing it to one lane. When Hurricane Frances hit three weeks
| ago, part of the roof of the transmitter building was torn off, and this
| time even more was torn off. They have not been able to do an assessment
of
| damage to the transmitters and antenna field yet, but the towers are still
| standing. (They have 14 transmitters at this site.) There are rumours that
| it will take at least three weeks to restore power in the area, so WYFR is
| probably going to be off the air for some time. I will let you know if I
get
| any updates."
|
| (Source: Jeff White, NASB, Sept 27, via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

What does your post have to do with politics?

Please take your off - topic posts elsewhere.

(ALERT: The previous post was a tonue - in - cheek
offering, and this is your humor alert)

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old September 30th 04, 01:23 AM
radio free foosterbloots LtD.

I didn't think that anyone even bothered listening to Family Radio
anymore after Howard Camping predicted the end-of-the-world
in 1984, missed by a country mile, and has been going slowly senile
ever since. (Ever listen to Family Radio's call-in program? The callers
are almost as scary as the chipmunks and squrells that call up Profit
Stair!)

WYFR Situation dxAce Shortwave 0 September 27th 04 11:52 PM
Outages: KJES, WJIE, WRMI, WYFR dxAce Shortwave 5 September 26th 04 11:47 AM
WYFR back, only two transmitters dxAce Shortwave 1 September 13th 04 03:30 AM
Radio Taiwan International A04 BCLNEWS.IT Shortwave 3 March 19th 04 03:21 PM
WYFR on 15040 khz yazoo63 Shortwave 2 August 8th 03 11:47 PM