Old September 30th 04, 10:53 PM
Michael and Karen Platnick

Default Sangean ATS 909

Does anyone have any experience with Sangean? Specifically the ATS 909?

Old September 30th 04, 11:32 PM
Dave Holford

Michael and Karen Platnick wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with Sangean? Specifically the ATS 909?

Google "ATS-909" returns 4,600 hits including reviews, modifications,
problems, users groups etc.

Dave
Old October 1st 04, 03:58 AM
uncle arnie

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:53 pm, Michael and Karen Platnick
posted to rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

Does anyone have any experience with Sangean? Specifically the ATS 909?

I've had one for a couple years. It's one of my "secondary radios". VG for
ssb and utilities in this price range. It doesn't overload, but you'll
want a wire antenna (40' works in my middle of the N Amer continent
location) if you're in a low signal area. The general opinion seems to be
that the YB400 is superior, but I have both of these and the 909 is better
for DXing, while the speaker on the 400 makes program listing more
enjoyable IMHO.

KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
Sangean ATS-909 Radio Up For Auction on Ebay Now Pat K. Shortwave 0 December 16th 03 05:15 AM
FS/FT Sangean 505 and Radio Shack DX 399 D. Schopp Shortwave 1 August 9th 03 07:50 PM
Sangean ATS-505P vs. YB-400PE... Sanjaya Shortwave 5 July 7th 03 06:24 PM