Old October 9th 04, 03:34 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

Does the broadcast start exactly on the hour and how long does it last?

The broadcasts start just after hourtop and generally last for 45 minutes. At
the end of the broadcast the Lincolnshire Poacher tune is repeated a few times.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 9th 04, 03:48 PM
Lucky

Well, so far I get nothing. I heard a very, very faint signal at 11545
almost inaudible but that's it. I'll keep trying.

Lucky

Old October 9th 04, 03:50 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

Does the broadcast start exactly on the hour and how long does it last?

The broadcasts start just after hourtop and generally last for 45 minutes. At
the end of the broadcast the Lincolnshire Poacher tune is repeated a few times.

Some background info on the Poacher can be found here if you haven't seen it
already:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page14.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 9th 04, 03:52 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

Well, so far I get nothing. I heard a very, very faint signal at 11545
almost inaudible but that's it. I'll keep trying.

Well, should be up again at 1500 on 13375, 12603 and 11545.

Lucky

Old October 9th 04, 04:02 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

Well, so far I get nothing. I heard a very, very faint signal at 11545
almost inaudible but that's it. I'll keep trying.

Well, should be up again at 1500 on 13375, 12603 and 11545.

Heard here at s/on 1500 on the above frequencies. Message header 80431.

Lucky

Old October 9th 04, 04:10 PM
Lucky

I don't get one frequency in so far. I'm in USB and I get good signals
otherwise. I'll catch it eventually.

Lucky

Old October 9th 04, 05:21 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

I don't get one frequency in so far. I'm in USB and I get good signals
otherwise. I'll catch it eventually.

Heard here at 1600 s/on on 13375, 12603 and 11545. 13375 by far being the best.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 9th 04, 05:27 PM
Diverd4777

Lucky:

Look here for times..

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page30.html

http://www.cvni.net/radio/nsnl/nsnl3logs.html

Best luck NOT at local Noontime / Dan

In article , "Lucky"

Subject: Linconshire Poacher Signed off 19:45
From: "Lucky"
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:57:46 -0400

Too late for me. I'll try at 1400

Lucky

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

OK,

I'll keep trying. I want to hear him/her already!

I'll be listening at 1200 on 16084, 15682 and 14487. Let's see what we
can hear
if we have propagation.

Heard here at 1200 on all 3 frequencies. Message header 80431.

Also heard at 1300 on 16084, 15682 and 14487. Message header 44800.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 9th 04, 05:35 PM
dxAce

Diverd4777 wrote:

Lucky:

Look here for times..

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page30.html

http://www.cvni.net/radio/nsnl/nsnl3logs.html

Best luck NOT at local Noontime / Dan

Untrue. It merely depends on what frequencies LP is using, and the propagation
conditions at the time from Cyprus, the supposed location of LP.

I've been hearing them on all frequencies used since start-up this morning at
1200.

The ONLY time I might have a problem here with one or more of the frequencies
used is if LP shifts to something like 5xxx MHz in my early afternoon, when the
signal might not propagate.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 9th 04, 08:14 PM
RedOctober90

Typically during the afternoon high frequencies are used... reception
not always too good during those times. Better to listen during the
late-afternoons.