Old October 25th 04, 12:10 AM
Brian

Default anyone familiar with the MFJ-1025?

Just wondered if anybody had experience with this one. Is it effective at
eliminating powerline noise? I'm curious if this would alleviate to some
extent my rfi problems.

-Brian

Old October 25th 04, 12:52 AM
Diverd4777

In article . net, "Brian"

Subject: anyone familiar with the MFJ-1025?
From: "Brian"
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:10:35 GMT

Just wondered if anybody had experience with this one. Is it effective at
eliminating powerline noise? I'm curious if this would alleviate to some
extent my rfi problems.

-Brian

Looks like it works with two antennas;

- You can download the manual & get spome more info . . .

Old October 25th 04, 02:19 AM
Smitty

It's a chunk of ****

Leave it alone.....Threw mine in a trash can after two weeks and Marty
Friggin Jew refused to fix it on his "No Matter What" warranty....It NEVER
worked at all!!!

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...al/apu100.html

For 159$ your better off using your RF gain or squelch!

FUHGEHTABOUDIT!!!!!!!

Smitty

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
In article . net, "Brian"

Old October 25th 04, 05:02 AM
John Barnard

I've had good success with a modified MFJ-1026. The 1026 is similar to the
1025 and I have been able to null out some sources of interference. It is
only effective at killing off one source only and if you have multiple
sources of interference you'll need several units.

Good luck!

John Barnard

Old October 25th 04, 06:06 AM
Howard

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:19:37 -0400, "Smitty"
wrote:

It's a chunk of ****

Leave it alone.....Threw mine in a trash can after two weeks and Marty
Friggin Jew refused to fix it on his "No Matter What" warranty....It NEVER
worked at all!!!

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...al/apu100.html

For 159$ your better off using your RF gain or squelch!

FUHGEHTABOUDIT!!!!!!!

Smitty

Smitty,
I had a similar MFJ experience with a product that didn't work and two
trips to their shop didn't solve it. They claimed the problem was my
antenna. Darn thing is when I sent it in it had the instructin book,
mic and orginal packing in case they decided to replace it. Came back
in different packaging minus the custome molded foam inserts and no
instruction manual that they claimed did not get sent to them. And,
BTW it's Jue not Jew - though I suspect you were trying to make a
disparaging remark, even if you don't like Jew's It's a darn cheap
shot at them to compare them to Martin Jue.
Howard

Old October 25th 04, 03:31 PM
bpnjensen

Brian wrote:

Just wondered if anybody had experience with this one. Is it effective at
eliminating powerline noise? I'm curious if this would alleviate to some
extent my rfi problems.

-Brian

I have also had good luck with the MFJ-1026, unmodified. It works
very well on some types of noise, and marginally well on others. What
I have found recently is that, if you can identify a source of noise
and eliminate it before it comes through the antenna or AC, you're way
ahead of the game. For real extrenal noise, like powerline noise
coming on the antenna itself and for which an RF choke won't work, the
MFJ unit can be a blessing.

It also works well removing offending adjacent channel (or even
co-channel) interference. In cities especially, where strong
nighttime groundwave signals can overwhelm DX, the MFJ can nearly
erase most of them and let the DX come through.

but, as John reminds us, only one source at a time. I have never
tried stacking them for multiple noise reduction.

Good luck,
Bruce Jensen