Old November 1st 04, 09:17 PM
Mike Terry

Default DX heard in Wyoming

Logs from Hans Johnson from Wyoming and a number of remote receivers.

BULGARIA 9605 Christian Voice 1825 pop music countdown hosted by man
and woman speaking in English. Just a fair signal with deep fades.
IDing as "The Voice." Giving an address in the UK as well as a phone
number for a contest they were running. Via DXtuner Europe. (Johnson
Oct 30)

CLANDESTINE from ALGERIA to MOROCCO 7460 (P) R. Nac de la RASD 2020
Arabic, man reading a long list of men, who they considered to be
political prisoners. Many mentions of the Western Sahara. Good
signal, but some QRM. Wouldn't ID and I finally gave up at 2035. Via
DXTuner Europe (Johnson Oct 30)

CLANDESTINE from GERMANY to MALDIVES 11810 Minivan Radio (T) 1605 Slow
talk by man, tentative as there was lots of QRM. Jordan was on the
channel before 1600, carrying the program of the Jordanian Armed
Forces, this was in Arabic, and they IDed. Via DXTuner Europe.
(Johnson Oct 31)

CLANDESTINE from UK to AFGHANISTAN 17710 Radio Solh 1535 still here,
at least at this time. Local music and ID by man. Strong signal.
(Johnson WY Oct 31)

CLANDESTINE from GERMANY to URUGUAY 9480 R. Cimarrona 2215 talk by man
in Spanish with flutes in background. Then talk by woman. Many short
segments, some with background sound effects (traffic, dog barking)
Multiple ID's by man and woman at 2216. I don't know Spanish, but is
the Monday program a repeat of Sunday, that is what they seemed to say.
Good signal via DXTuner Europe. (Johnson Oct 31)

EUROPIRATE 7306U Radio Europ Pops in English at 1130. 1135 talk by man
in Italian mention of Milan, snoring sound effect. Via DXTuner Europe.
(Johnson Oct 31)
13869.9U Radio Spaceshuttle Intl. 1145 with old Beatles song. Echo
announcement followed. Same announcement after the next song. Weak at
times but fair on fade ups. More Beatles music at 1210. Running 60
watts. Via DXTuner Europe. (Johnson Oct 31)

GERMANY 6015 Bible Christian Association 1629 open carrier. 1630 easy
music and greetings by man in presumed Polish. I believe I found their
website,
http://www.radio.zapraszamy.pl/ and I could verify that I heard them by
listening to one of their audio files. The site also has some English:
This is the Radio Broadcast: The Voice Of God For The Last Age We run
regular Sunday morning FM broadcast in very populated Silesian South of
Poland, and nationwide Shortwave evening broadcast every Sunday at 1530
UTC at 49m / 6055 kHz in Polish language (sic, this is where they were
when they were first on.) Every broadcast is available to listen to and
download from the website in mp3 format. We have received reports
from people listening to our broadcast from: Poland, Ukraine, Lotva,
Germany, Austria, China, Nigeria, Sweden, Russia. Good signal. Via
DXTuner Europe. (Johnson Oct 31)

GUATEMALA 4698 Radio Amistad Following up on recent reports of this
one's reactivation. Per Larry Baysinger, a couple of volunteers
visiting the region were apparently able to get the short-wave
transmitter's power supply repaired. (Johnson Oct 30)

UNITED KINGDOM 11785 R. Ndeke Luka with woman announcer taking
telephone calls and playing music at 1845. Gave a few ID's in passing.
Same program till 1930* Good signal. (Johnson WY Oct 31)

Old November 1st 04, 09:54 PM
dxAce

Mike Terry wrote:

[...]

I hate to point out the obvious, but using a remote receiver 1000's of miles
away is hardly DX'ing!

dxAce
Michigan
USA