Old November 29th 04, 03:49 PM
Michael Lawson

Default Whatever happened to....

The old DX show Signals on WWCR?? Did the show die
when the company supporting it folded?? I know that an
ex-local reporter, Steve Forrest, used to subit stories for
the show. Steve lost his job at WLWT-TV probably
somewhere about 10 years ago when the station purged
people after a GM change, and haven't heard from him
on shortwave or tv since.

--Mike L.

Old November 30th 04, 05:14 AM
Tony Calguire

Michael Lawson wrote:

The old DX show Signals on WWCR?? Did the show die
when the company supporting it folded?? I know that an
ex-local reporter, Steve Forrest, used to subit stories for
the show. Steve lost his job at WLWT-TV probably
somewhere about 10 years ago when the station purged
people after a GM change, and haven't heard from him
on shortwave or tv since.

"Signals" was produced by a husband-and-wife team of radio enthusiasts,
along with several contributors who are familiar to many in this group.
They had to cancel the show because of personal family issues. The
husband has since died.

I've often wondered what happened to some of the other Signals
contributors, like Gary Bourgeois, the satellite guy.

Speaking of DX shows, is that "Spectrum" show still on? I stopped
listening to those clowns years ago.