Old December 6th 04, 10:32 PM

On 05 Dec 2004 03:25:25 GMT, (Stereophile22)
wrote:

Yep, and it's a horrible movie. It's certainly not the best use of
Dennis Quaid's talents.

A better one, not a movie, but an old tv show back in the 70's was an episode
of "Darkroom", which was a show in the style of "The Twilight Zone".

Would that show have been "One Step Beyond"? I may be
confusing shows, but I think it was hosted by "Spooky John" Newland.,

You could even say it was "The Twilight Zone" if it wasn't for the different
name and that it wasn't.

Anyway, the best I can remember it, in one episode, a man starts getting radio
signals from the past (from the world war 2 era). on an old radio. Either his
father or grandfather had died on a ship that went down during world war 2. (I
forget if it was his father or grandfather).

He tries to transmit a signal into the past to save the ship in order to save
his (father or grandfather) so that his ( father or grandfather) would be alive
never having died in world war 2.

At the end, he finally succeeds in getting the message to the ship that's in
the past. When he wakes up, tthe ship never went down during world war 2, and
his (father or grandfather) is alive.

But then he finds out that America is now controlled by German Nazis and has
been ever since World War 2.

And I think his (father or grandfather) says something to him like "It would be
better off being dead than to live under Nazi rule like this".

And that was the end of that story.

His sucessful radio signal into the past changed history in a bad way.

Luckily, none of that ever happened in real life.