Old December 9th 04, 06:27 AM
RHF

WARSTEINER,

If you like the 'look' of the Icom IC-R75 Receiver; then Take-a-Look
at the Icom IC-R75 "Support eGroup" on YAHOO !

Over 9000 Messages related to the Icom IC-R75 with Over 1100 Members.
..
hth ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 9th 04, 04:29 AM
Tony Calguire

warsteiner wrote:

Hello all, like the subject line says I'm getting back into SWL. I was an
avid listener as a youth in the mid 1980s and even had a modest QSL
collection. My current shack consists of:

GE World Monitor model 7-2990 (bought new in 1985)

A great radio! That's my only real shortwave receiver, and although
it's a bit big, and it doesn't tune down quite as low as I'd like, it is
a great receiver.

(I should mention that I don't have a lot of experience with other
radios, however.)
Old December 9th 04, 04:36 AM
patgkz

Forget about all these overpriced, rediculous "mods" for an R-75....it is a
great radio as-is. Do a google for "icom r-75 review".

"warsteiner" wrote in message
m...
Hello all, like the subject line says I'm getting back into SWL. I was an
avid listener as a youth in the mid 1980s and even had a modest QSL
collection. My current shack consists of:

GE World Monitor model 7-2990 (bought new in 1985)
Panasonic RF-9 (bought new in 198?)
Zenith TransOceanic H-500 (picked up at Salvation Army thrift store for
$20!!)

Needless to say I'm a bit 'out of the loop'. Can anyone suggest some good
Yahoo or other groups to join?

I'm going to have roughly $400-500 to spend after Christmas, what are some
good receivers to look at?

Thanks in advance. To reply via email remove the no.spam from the
address.

---Steve

Old December 9th 04, 03:54 PM
Bruce Jensen

Nope, sorry - the Kiwa mods worked wonders for my R75. Sounds better,
works better, and the AGC mod is an absolute must unless you want your
brain to overload on flutter.

I do agree, however, that it is a great radio...Icom just forgot to
finish it.

Bruce Jensen

Old December 9th 04, 01:28 PM
D. Martin

Hmmmm, I'd suggest going to HeartlandAmerica.Com and buying one of the
two Grundigs they offer. That's what I would suggest. Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html