Old December 11th 04, 01:49 PM

If you open one of their credit cards, even cheaper still.

From the Amazon website

Your current subtotal: $128.84

Amazon Visa discount: - $30.00

Your new subtotal: $98.84
Save $30 off your first purchase, earn 3% rewards, get a 0% APR*, and
pay no annual fee.
I just ordered a Degen 1103, Approx $64.00 inc shipping

Old December 10th 04, 05:08 PM
Serious Poster

Lots available -- but I like the Sangean ATS-909/Radio Shack DX-398

See URL;

http://members.verizon.net/~vze20h45...ats909faq.html

For lots of SW Radio reviews -- see URL

http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/8
--
I post, therefore I am

"roystr" wrote in message
ups.com...
nt

Old December 10th 04, 05:31 PM
Serious Poster

Yes, most defintely, despite all the junk and OT's (yeah I know it is a free
and open forum)

Example I own a Radio Shack DX-398 which I dearly love, but by reading this
NG I discovered the Super 909 at URL:
http://www.radiolabs.com/products/re...s/super909.php

Wow my DX-398 is boxed and ready to ship to Radio Labs.

And there have been many other excellent posts as well -- weed thru the junk
folks --- good stuff here.
-------------------------
P.S. My son returned the DX-398 I gave him (too complicated he sed), so I
have one for sale. If interested, just post here and I'll get back to you
with a nice price. It is like new.

Sorry for the anon ID, but giving my real ID has led to severe grief, so I
don't do it any more.

--
I post, therefore I am

Old December 10th 04, 10:42 PM
DeWayne

I would look for a nice used Sony SW77. It's a great portable! I've had the
Super DX-398.

DeWayne

"roystr" wrote in message
ups.com...
nt

Old December 11th 04, 03:01 AM
D. Martin

How about the YB400 Grundig at HeartlandAmerica,Com? They were only
asking a hundred bucks the last time I looked. That's bang for the buck.
Darren

http://community-2.webtv.net/DEMEM/L...mes/page2.html

Old December 11th 04, 06:50 PM
tianli

FYI:

Sony 7600GR - Best performance per dollar.

Sony SW55 - The King of true portables:
(Lots of reviews & info in the links section.)

Sony SW77 - A little too large for my use but the King of "toteables":

Sony 2010 - All time greatest "toteable" of all: