Old December 14th 04, 08:42 PM
dxAce

Default Calling Falklands

FALKLAND ISLS [non, / U.K.] Just a reminder of a very exotic and easily
missed sce, if not from an exotic station: Calling Falklands from BBC WS.
It's Tuesday and Friday only at 2130-2145 UT on only one frequency, and
direct from UK, 11680. I could barely hear it today Dec 10, right after
the big signal from Antigua on the M-F Caribbean sce at 2115-2130 on
11675, which, by the way, was cut off about 10 seconds before 2130 with
the announcer still talking. (Glenn Hauser-OK-USA, dxld Dec 11)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 14th 04, 10:10 PM
DesignGuy

"dxAce" wrote in message
FALKLAND ISLS [non, / U.K.] Just a reminder of a very exotic and easily
missed sce, if not from an exotic station: Calling Falklands from BBC WS.
It's Tuesday and Friday only at 2130-2145 UT on only one frequency, and
direct from UK, 11680. I could barely hear it today Dec 10, right after
the big signal from Antigua on the M-F Caribbean sce at 2115-2130 on
11675, which, by the way, was cut off about 10 seconds before 2130 with
the announcer still talking. (Glenn Hauser-OK-USA, dxld Dec 11)

I haven't heard that in a while.... I wonder if that is the SW broadcast
with the fewest number of targeted listeners?

Old December 14th 04, 10:29 PM
dxAce

DesignGuy wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
FALKLAND ISLS [non, / U.K.] Just a reminder of a very exotic and easily
missed sce, if not from an exotic station: Calling Falklands from BBC WS.
It's Tuesday and Friday only at 2130-2145 UT on only one frequency, and
direct from UK, 11680. I could barely hear it today Dec 10, right after
the big signal from Antigua on the M-F Caribbean sce at 2115-2130 on
11675, which, by the way, was cut off about 10 seconds before 2130 with
the announcer still talking. (Glenn Hauser-OK-USA, dxld Dec 11)

I haven't heard that in a while.... I wonder if that is the SW broadcast
with the fewest number of targeted listeners?

Could very well be. The broadcast used to be a half hour or an hour in length
following the Falklands war in May-June 1982.

I had the pleasure of taking a tour of HMS Sheffield at one point in time which
was hit by an Exocet missile and later sank as a result of action during the
war. A brother-in-law of a friend of mine served on HMS Sheffield.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

CW Testing Question Mike Coslo Policy 52 May 29th 04 09:24 AM
calling kc8qjp calling kc8qjp Keyclowns Are On Notice CB 0 March 27th 04 04:25 AM
Falklands Reminder N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 9th 04 08:09 PM
BBC: Falklands Service N8KDV Shortwave 1 March 5th 04 09:54 PM
calling frequencies clark neider Dx 0 August 4th 03 07:53 PM