Old March 5th 04, 09:30 PM
N8KDV

Default BBC: Falklands Service

BBC Falklands Service (Calling The Falklands) being heard here on 11680
at sign on 2130. Bow Bells interval signal started at 2127.

This service apparently now runs on Tuesdays and Fridays from 2130-2145.

After the Falklands war in 1982 this service ran more often as I recall,
but as time has passed it has been cut back.

Prior to this time BBC was on the frequency in Arabic, s/off at 2115.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 5th 04, 09:54 PM
Sanjaya

"N8KDV" wrote...
BBC Falklands Service (Calling The Falklands) being heard here on 11680
at sign on 2130. Bow Bells interval signal started at 2127.

This service apparently now runs on Tuesdays and Fridays from 2130-2145.

[snip]

Damn!
I saw your post about 2143. Switched my Tecsun PL-200
to 11680 just in time to hear them go off the air. The radio's clock
said 2144. I could hear them off the whip, in noise though.
I think I could have copied with increased volume or using
the earbuds.
Thanks for posting about it. I'm testing everything I can off the
whip of my new PL-200. The radio has a nice antenna gain switch
that works great.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Ham-radio is a hobby not a service Dave Policy 386 April 5th 04 11:59 PM
Wal-Mart "Service" departments! Al Patrick Shortwave 6 February 20th 04 02:09 AM
Broadcast Station Field Strengths.. Reg Edwards Antenna 3 December 29th 03 02:54 AM