RadioBanter

-   -   Wal-Mart to start selling DRM radios! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/47268-wal-mart-start-selling-drm-radios.html)

Brenda Ann January 3rd 05 12:56 AM

Someone, somewhere wrote:

Of course, there are always, CDs, tapes, MP3 players, DVDs, etc. that
one can purchase and they may be commercial free.

Commercial free DVD's?? What a concept! I haven't bought a new DVD in ages
that didn't have commercials on it.. and you can't skip the damned things...
those, and the FBI/Interpol warnings... you have no choice but to let them
run.. one DVD I have here takes a good 15 minutes to get to the actual
feature!!

Dan Morisseau January 3rd 05 02:36 AM

wrote:

It's a good idea to watch Ebay, too. It'll soon be flooded with all the
DRM receivers purchased new at Walmart.

Or (more likely) STOLEN new!

--
Milepost 11.7 - UPRR Jeff City Sub - N 38°34'53", W 90°22'32", 680'
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to

Telamon January 3rd 05 07:22 AM

In article .com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

Dear Al,

And, like ALL digital media, you either HEAR IT or you DON'T! Can't
wait to listen to heavily fading signals via DRM! Even with
"buffering," you're going to need Bufferin!

Yes sir - the "next level!"

Digital media is also very easy to censor (and jam, for that matter).
(Maybe that's a good thing, vis a vis our wonderful(?) "religious"
short wave broadcasters. Can't wait to hear "Hallelujah - Send Me
Money" in high-fidelity sound!)

Include me out.

"Even with "buffering," you're going to need Bufferin!"

That's a pretty good line!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

ULpilotSC January 16th 05 05:49 AM

Commercial free DVD's?? What a concept! I haven't bought a new DVD in ages
that didn't have commercials on it.. and you can't skip the damned things...
those, and the FBI/Interpol warnings... you have no choice but to let them
run.. one DVD I have here takes a good 15 minutes to get to the actual
feature!!

boycott buying them. buy a cheap DVD recorder for you 'puter. use free software
from the net, and copy your rentals. remove all the commercials, and the
warnings, menus, etc. makes DVD viewing more fun.

Shortwave January 18th 05 12:09 AM

"ULpilotSC" wrote in message

Commercial free DVD's?? What a concept! I haven't bought a new DVD in
ages
that didn't have commercials on it.. and you can't skip the damned
things...
those, and the FBI/Interpol warnings... you have no choice but to let them
run.. one DVD I have here takes a good 15 minutes to get to the actual
feature!!

boycott buying them. buy a cheap DVD recorder for you 'puter. use free
software
from the net, and copy your rentals. remove all the commercials, and the
warnings, menus, etc. makes DVD viewing more fun.

You do realise that this is illegal! Every video has a copyright and it is
unlawfull for anybody to copy the item without permission of the copyright
holder, but hey, who gives a ****. I been doin it for ages :-)
SW