Old January 8th 05, 05:21 AM
Howard

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:16:15 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Been coming in fine here in the bay area of California. English, 13760,
1:00-2:00

Jim,
Are you giviing the time in PST?? If so, looks like I may have to take
some time away from work to catch them. Also in California and while
I can catch South Korea, I haven't managed North Korea but once.
Howard

Old January 7th 05, 08:32 PM
Art Harris

John wrote:

Has anyone been able to hear N. Korea ? I have tried with No luck at
all......

I heard them pretty well here in NY on Christmas Eve at 1300z in
english on 9,335 kHz.

Art N2AH

Old January 8th 05, 01:01 PM
dxAce

John wrote:

Has anyone been able to hear N. Korea ? I have tried with No luck at
all......

Audible here on 9335 and 11710 at 1300, not much of a signal this morning, but
they are there.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 05, 02:01 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

John wrote:

Has anyone been able to hear N. Korea ? I have tried with No luck at
all......

Audible here on 9335 and 11710 at 1300, not much of a signal this morning, but
they are there.

Signal improved on 9335 in the last half hour of the transmision, and ended at
1355 with s/off announcements.

Then into French on 9335 at 1400.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 05, 02:05 PM

dxAce wrote:
John wrote:

Has anyone been able to hear N. Korea ? I have tried with No luck

at
all......

Audible here on 9335 and 11710 at 1300, not much of a signal this

morning, but
they are there.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I didn't hear them at all on 11710. I did hear a single broadcast on
both 9325 and 13760, but it was not in English (or I don't think it
was, though the QRN was pretty intense and it could have been someone
with a thick accent).

On the other hand, between 1200 and 1300 I heard BBC and Radio
Australia relays on 5020 khz. I wanted to catch a station ID, but the
signal eventually washed out. I wonder if this was the Solomon Islands.
Steve

Old January 8th 05, 10:37 PM

dxAce wrote:
John wrote:

Has anyone been able to hear N. Korea ? I have tried with No luck

at
all......

Audible here on 9335 and 11710 at 1300, not much of a signal this

morning, but
they are there.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's interesting to note that Primetime Shortwave gives the frequencies
for N. Korea at 1300 utc as follows:

1300-1400 NA, Eu North Korea V. of Korea 4405, 9325, 11710, 13760,
15245

While the schedule available at
http://www.eibi.de.vu/ provides the
following frequencies:

1300 1400 KRE Voice of Korea E Eu 4405 7570 12015
NAm 9335 11710
1300 1400 KRE Voice of Korea-PBS K Eu 6285 9325

Some slight discrepancies between the two, but big enough to throw
someone off. If (as eibi indicates) 9325 is used for a Korean broadcast
to Europe, that would explain what I heard this morning. On the other
hand, Primetime Shortwave doesn't even mention 9335, which appears to
be an active frequency for English language broadcasts from N. Korea. I
wonder if incomplete or inaccurate data on Primetime Shortwave at least
partially accounts for my failure to receive N. Korea.

Old January 8th 05, 10:48 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:
John wrote:

[...]

I think you'd should either recheck, or update your info.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 05, 10:55 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:
John wrote:

[...]

I guess you'd better try then for the 9335 and 11710 which are indicated on EiBi for
English to N. America at 1300.

That would make sense to me.

As I've stated, time and time again, they are audible here on an almost daily basis
when I've taken the time to check for them.

I try to be as helpful as I possibly can, however if no one wishes to listen, it's
not my fault!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 05, 11:00 PM

Oh I'll definitely recheck, especially on 9335!

Sneaking tiny radios into North Korea Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 13th 04 05:02 PM
GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM
This Morning's TP Mediumwave Logs - Japan, China, S. Korea 4nradio Shortwave 4 October 7th 04 12:41 AM
Radio Korea Int. A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 1st 04 01:00 PM
Voice of Korea Les & Claire Shortwave 0 July 13th 03 12:32 AM