Old January 7th 05, 04:39 PM
Caveat Lector

Default FYI: Solar Cycle 23 Graphs - Where are We Now

Cycle 23 started in May 1996 with the monthly SSN at 8.0 and peaked in April
2000 at 120.8. The next solar minimum will likely occur sometime in 2006
with cycle 24 peaking in 2010.

See URL:
http://www.dxlc.com/solar/solcycle.html

--
Caveat Lector

Old January 7th 05, 04:44 PM
bpnjensen

Thanks for this! The sun is so fickle...

Can you point us toward a website that can translate this into
propagation predictions?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

Old January 7th 05, 05:21 PM
Caveat Lector

Try these:
ARRL Propagation News Letter -- ARRL Members Only -- ARLP001 Propagation de
K7RA
http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/prop/

Also see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/propagation.html
Lots of prediction websites there

Latest ARRL prop news letter sez
Now for conditions over the short term, a week ago it looked like solar flux
should stay above 100 over the following 10-12 days. Now the last of sunspot
715 is disappearing around the edge of the sun, and it looks like solar flux
should stay around 85 with sunspot numbers below 40 over the next week.

Saturday, January 8 could see some unsettled to active geomagnetic
conditions, and January 13 could see unsettled conditions as well. Quiet
days are expected January 10-11.

see the ARRL Technical Information Service propagation page at,
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/propagation.html .

Sunspot numbers for December 30 through January 5 were 34, 60, 51, 52, 43,
30 and 15 with a mean of 40.7. 10.7 cm flux was 100, 98.5, 98.9, 100, 94.2,
88 and 88, with a mean of 95.4. Estimated planetary A indices were 15, 8,
15, 33, 22, 23 and 21 with a mean of 19.6. Estimated mid-latitude A indices
were 12, 5, 10, 20, 14, 16 and 11, with a mean of 12.6. NNNN /EX

oups.com...

Old January 7th 05, 05:53 PM
bpnjensen

Thank you - and I find this page very helpful:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/k9la-prop.html

Bruce Jensen

Old January 7th 05, 06:57 PM
Caveat Lector

Some other good propagation sites
Primer at:
http://www.ae4rv.com/tn/propflash.htm

Nice SFI Chart and MUF
http://www.ae4rv.com/tn/dx.htm

QST MUF Charts
http://www.arrl.org/qst/propcharts/

--
Caveat Lector

ups.com...

Old January 7th 05, 07:05 PM
Caveat Lector

And if you really want to dig into propagation -- see AC6V's site URL:
http://ac6v.com/propagation.htm
Covers
LINE OF SIGHT VHF/UHF PROPAGATION
GROUND WAVE BEACONS
160 METERS PROP SUMMARY SFI, A, K
HF PROPAGATION TROPO
LONG PATH TUTORIALS
LONG DELAYED ECHO MUF CHARTS

Includes about 15 Programs for prop prediction

--
Caveat Lector

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
Some other good propagation sites
Primer at:
http://www.ae4rv.com/tn/propflash.htm

Nice SFI Chart and MUF
http://www.ae4rv.com/tn/dx.htm

QST MUF Charts
http://www.arrl.org/qst/propcharts/

--
Caveat Lector

ups.com...

Old January 7th 05, 07:06 PM
Caveat Lector

A good program
W6ELProp™ -- By Sheldon C. Shallon, W6EL - predicts ionospheric (sky-wave)
propagation between any two locations on the earth on frequencies between 3
and 30 MHz.

--
Caveat Lector

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message