Old January 8th 05, 11:26 AM
Fredrick Garvin

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:28:21 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:38:48 -0600, wrote:

Those,As Seen On TV soldering guns,what
happens when the batteries run down?

You put in new batteries?

DOH!

Old January 8th 05, 03:39 PM
SamSez

The pyropen junior and the ultratorch are very good and stand up well in daily
use.

For somewhat lighter usage though, the radio shack 64-2188 [sold under several
other names as well] works surprisingly well for its price -- and is quite
compact. There are even hot air and hot knife tips available for this model,
but not from radio shack [last I saw them was in Maplins in the UK].

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
GA,

"propane-powered soldering torch with
a catalytic element soldering tip"
.
Something like the one of these two ?
.
WELLER "Pyropen Junior"
.
ULYRATORCH - Butane Heat Tool STD UT-100SI.
.
iwtk ~ RHF
.
.

Old January 8th 05, 04:54 PM

New batteries solve a lot of problems,now don't they? I have an
attatchment that attatches to a hand held propane tank and there is
copper tip (or whatever it is made of) that fits inside the attatchment
for soldering.I like to collect old things and I own quite a few old
electric soldering guns and non electric soldering irons.I don't want
one of those As Seen On Tv soldering guns though.
cuhulin

Old January 8th 05, 06:31 PM
Guy Atkins

"RHF" wrote in message
ups.com...
GA,

"propane-powered soldering torch with
a catalytic element soldering tip"
.
Something like the one of these two ?

SNIP

I called it propane-powered, but I meant to say Butane. Mine is the
TechTorch by Ronson:
http://www.ronsoncorp.com/techtorch.cfm

It was just $20 or so at Walmart. The soldering iron tip has a small chunk
of catalytic material in it. You light the torch, let it run for a few
seconds, and then blow out the flame. The catalytic material continues to
generate heat without a flame. It's great for all-around soldering, although
I prefer a direct flame when soldering to ground rods and other heavy-duty
jobs.

Guy

Old January 9th 05, 12:32 AM
RHF

GA,
..
Thanks for the Info about the Ronson TechTorch at Walmart.
..
Before I ever had an Electric Solder Iron in my hands.
I use to 'help' my Daddy sweat Pipe Joins and Heat-Up
old Soldering Irons (Brands?) with an old Blow Torch.
BLOW TORCH = http://members.aol.com/blotorches/
..
those were the days ~ RHF
..
..

How does this "cold heat" soldering iron work? scroob Homebrew 12 August 21st 04 12:47 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Soldering Tips that Heat Very Fast Martin McCormick Homebrew 4 February 24th 04 11:41 PM
Soldering Tips that Heat Very Fast Martin McCormick Homebrew 0 February 23rd 04 07:57 PM
GOOD NEWS-------France heat wave deaths top 14,000 Larry Roll K3LT Policy 3 October 20th 03 02:12 AM