Old January 9th 05, 02:30 PM
n17man

Default HF-150 gone deaf!

Having moved house, my HF-150 remained packed in storage for two years.
I have just retrieved. It is as deaf as the proverbial post. However, I
have established that the whip antenna circuit works perfectly. Both
other antenna systems function intermittently. It suggests a severed
connection somewhere. I have the original manual and can access the
circuit diagram. First, am I correct in assuming that I should focus my
attention exclusively on the antenna conections to the RF side of the
board. Second, if anyone out there is familiar with the circuitry could
I be directed as to where I might really focus my inspections. If all
else fails, is anyone out there repairing these excellent radios?
Donal EI5IT

Old January 9th 05, 05:04 PM
David

Try Deoxit Gold on the slide switch. Spray a couple spritzes then
cycle the swicth vigorously.

Old January 9th 05, 07:06 PM
n17man

Yes, I looked at the circuit diagram and it has struck me that the
switch could be the problem. Good suggestion! Will definitely try this.

Old January 9th 05, 08:10 PM
R.F. Collins

I had to replace the antenna switch on my HF-150. I tried contact
cleaners but that did not work for long. I ordered the switch from the
"Lowe Workshop" a few years ago (hopefully it is still in business).
Replacing it requires quite a bit of disassembly but it can be done
with a good soldering gun, a set of allen wrenches and a lot of
patience.

Jim