Old January 11th 05, 02:24 AM

Default Lowe receivers discussion group?

I'm curious: Is there a group on yahoo (or anywhere else) for people
interested in the Lowe line of receivers? I checked on Yahoo and didn't
see one.

Thanks,

Steve

Old January 11th 05, 03:41 AM
Bob Sillett

There's a Yahoo group for the HF-150 but not the other models.

I've thought about starting a group for the HF-250/250E for a while. What
receiver do you have?

Bob

ups.com...

Old January 11th 05, 10:51 AM
Lucky

"Bob Sillett" wrote in message
There's a Yahoo group for the HF-150 but not the other models.

I've thought about starting a group for the HF-250/250E for a while. What
receiver do you have?

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm curious: Is there a group on yahoo (or anywhere else) for people
interested in the Lowe line of receivers? I checked on Yahoo and didn't
see one.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi there Bob

I've been reading about how many people love these Lowe receivers. Can you
please tell me a couple models that are good and are worth buying off Ebay??

Thank you
Lucky

Old January 11th 05, 12:29 PM

I'm just about to receive an HF-150E. I got it because I wanted
something relatively small and portable, with good build quality, that
would deliver more in the way of performance than the high end
portables.

Steve

Old January 11th 05, 10:36 PM
Bob Sillett

Hi there Bob

I've been reading about how many people love these Lowe receivers. Can you
please tell me a couple models that are good and are worth buying off
Ebay??

Thank you
Lucky

The two most popular models are the HF-150 and HF-250. Other models of note
are the HF-225 and HF-235. All of the Lowe models are fairly difficult to
come by and tend to fetch a premium, especially in the UK where they were
made.

I have the HF-250E, the European version of the HF-250 I'm very happy with
the radio being that it's 10+ years old.

If you'd like to test drive my HF-250, I currently have it available online:

http://www.shortwavelog.com/RCSweb

Bob

Old January 11th 05, 11:36 PM

about 5 HF-225's show up on eBay for every HF-250 so I would say the
250 is not that popular if you measure it by ebay exposure. the 225's
don't sell for nearly what they are worth. the 235 is fairly rare, only
about one or two show up a year on ebay. the 250E would be the most
desirable but are hard to get.

Old January 12th 05, 12:17 AM

I know a married Irish woman wayyyyyy over yonder across the big pond in
England.(Bognor Regis) I bet I could get her to keep her eyes peeled for
a Lowe radio for me.
cuhulin

Old January 12th 05, 01:16 AM
Dale Parfitt

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm just about to receive an HF-150E. I got it because I wanted
something relatively small and portable, with good build quality, that
would deliver more in the way of performance than the high end
portables.

Steve

Best choice you could have made Steve. Make sure you check out the battery
box for corrosion. Users tend to put in alkaline batteries and then plug in
the AC adapter- this attempts to charge the alkalines, causing them to leak.
I have had 3 150's- only my current model has a pristine battery box.

--
Dale W4OP
for PAR Electronics, Inc.

Old January 12th 05, 02:57 AM

Bob, thanks for that link. It's very interesting. What kind of antenna
is connected to the HF-250? --Steve

Old January 12th 05, 12:44 PM
Lucky

"Bob Sillett" wrote in message
Hi there Bob

I've been reading about how many people love these Lowe receivers. Can
you please tell me a couple models that are good and are worth buying off
Ebay??

Thank you
Lucky

The two most popular models are the HF-150 and HF-250. Other models of
note are the HF-225 and HF-235. All of the Lowe models are fairly
difficult to come by and tend to fetch a premium, especially in the UK
where they were made.

I have the HF-250E, the European version of the HF-250 I'm very happy
with the radio being that it's 10+ years old.

If you'd like to test drive my HF-250, I currently have it available
online:

http://www.shortwavelog.com/RCSweb

Bob

Why thank you Bob. That's very nice of you

Lucky