Old January 11th 05, 02:56 PM
Burr

Default Quack, Quack

Only one more day of this mess then I can go home.

Been trapped down south for a week, glad I bought the four wheeler down,
I've been in a foot of water many times this week.

Hung out in the gym four hours at a time for something to do.

I've been warm and dry just stuck down here (Ontario, Ca.) The roads are
full of pot holes and some sink holes. Most city services are still working
well, the trash truck just came by.

It's a shame that the cities give permits for houses on the side of
these hills in the first place. Our tax money is spent saving these house
and the people in them and the land would have not slide if it didn't have
the weight of the house, pool and streets.

Burr

Old January 11th 05, 03:38 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

Canadia or California?

You just don't pay attention do you, 'tard boy?

Cousin Burr is in Ontario, California.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 11th 05, 04:48 PM

California,, anytime over CanaDUH.
cuhulin

Old January 11th 05, 04:50 PM

There is even a town in California that has my last name as the name of
that California town.
cuhulin

Old January 11th 05, 11:42 PM
Jim Douglas

I heard on the new today that where the big mud slide was happened
previously. The folks, who originally build the homes there complained to
the city. The city spend millions on building a huge retaining wall which in
this stored was like balsa wood.

Old January 12th 05, 12:13 AM

The City of New Orleans wants to build a giant retaining wall to hold
back the water of the Gulf of Mexico too.Thing is though,it would cost
more money than New Orleans can afford.
cuhulin

Old January 12th 05, 12:17 AM
Harveyat8c43z0

It's a shame that the cities give permits for houses on the side of
these hills in the first place. Our tax money is spent saving these house
and the people in them and the land would have not slide if it didn't have
the weight of the house, pool and streets.

Burr

Up north of you, people bitch & moan about the tree huggers & Big Government
taking away their jobs;
- So they clear cut the hill
pocket the dough
- Then next heavy rain the hill ends up in their back yard & they cry
" Washington Bail me out"

- Go figgure..

Old January 12th 05, 05:15 AM
Conan Ford

"Burr" wrote in news:6OREd.4595$u47.1871@trnddc09:

It's a shame that the cities give permits for houses on the side
of
these hills in the first place. Our tax money is spent saving these
house and the people in them and the land would have not slide if it
didn't have the weight of the house, pool and streets.

Insurance companies often demand that the grass be kept quite short due to
wildfire risks. Unfortunately this makes it much easier for the ground to
be disrupted from heavy raings.
Old January 12th 05, 05:26 AM
Howard

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:56:02 GMT, "Burr" wrote:

Only one more day of this mess then I can go home.

Been trapped down south for a week, glad I bought the four wheeler down,
I've been in a foot of water many times this week.

Hung out in the gym four hours at a time for something to do.

I've been warm and dry just stuck down here (Ontario, Ca.) The roads are
full of pot holes and some sink holes. Most city services are still working
well, the trash truck just came by.

It's a shame that the cities give permits for houses on the side of
these hills in the first place. Our tax money is spent saving these house
and the people in them and the land would have not slide if it didn't have
the weight of the house, pool and streets.

Burr

Ahh the joys of living in California. Just finished pumping out more
water from under my house - in a few hours more will seep in and the
pump will have to be run again. Compared to many folks my water issue
is a nothing. What really frosted my was how bad radio reception has
been this past week, a real increase in atmospheric noise. Things got
real quiet when I disconnected the antennas (heard we might get
lightning so it seemed the prudent thing to do).

Now we're down to just some light and intermittent drizzle, our ground
rods have moist soil and the idiots who didn't figure out how to kill
themselves by playing in the desert washes & flood channels will have
to wait for fire season and see if they can manage to torch themselves
via campfire in the midst of dry brush. At least we didn't have a
major earthquake during the rains - all that saturated soil, can you
say liquifaction??

Howard