Old January 27th 05, 09:50 PM

Default Is this a good antenna?

Kind of a mixed bag from the reviews I've read. May be a passable to
good performer on higher bands, but poor on the lower ones and I
remember reading some complains about it being noisy. Best to do a
google groups search and read away for a few hours.

I've seen several new antennas over the years, and while they will
catch signals, they don't turn out to be the one
antenna-that-works-all-bands equally well as is usually claimed by the
maker.

atomicthumbs wrote:
http://www.gapantenna.com/superc.htm

Old January 28th 05, 04:42 AM
Telamon

In article . com,
"atomicthumbs" wrote:

http://www.gapantenna.com/superc.htm

No. It would be a poor receiving antenna.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 28th 05, 07:33 AM

drs maxwell, rao, and yagi just turned over in their grave...it would
have been a riot if he published the radiation pattern....this is even
better than the "magic rabbit ears" adds..

Old January 29th 05, 12:17 AM
Tom Sevart

wrote:

http://www.gapantenna.com/superc.htm

I don't know... maybe if you add one of those "internal cellular telephone
booster antennas" that they were advertising years ago to your radio, it
might work better!

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS