Old January 31st 05, 10:35 AM
Lucky

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Lucky" wrote in
:

I downloaded it and am using it on and off. It's a little buggy. It
crashed my system and I had to ctrl/alt/del the system to shut the
process down. It also generated an "Exception Error" once, when I was
attempting to use the tune up/down arrows below the tuning knob.

The crash happened when I was tuning the radio by hand despite being
connected to operate via the program. Since then, I have ceased changing
the radio settings while the program had control, I have had no more
problems.

I wasn't expecting the ability to control the volume of the radio speaker
from the program, a nice feature of this software. It can give you the
impression that something is wrong with your radio when you realize that
the radio volume knob is turned up, but no sound ensues. It took me a
little longer than usual to get used to the program's features, but they
look impressive.

I especially like the ability to "sound process" the signal that is sent
to the PC speakers. This necessitates turning the volume down on the
radio, since there is a slight delay between the radio speaker sound and
the PC sound.

I did a post earlier in this group concerning a numbers station. I found
it while controling the radio with this program, using the scan function,
and was also impressed with the sound processor clearing up the signal.

Overall, very nice.

Thanks.

One of the BEST software for the R75 is RXplus. It's not free but you
have a 30 day trial. Download it and try it. It has so many features
like auto ECSS and decoding, but too many too mention. I worked with
the coder of this software for the Kenwood R5000.

He controled my computer thru remote desktop from Canada to here in
Florida. It took him a couple weeks and he added the R-5000 to the
list his software works with. You'll love it and won't be able to stop
fooling aound with it. It even works on the Drake R8a/b.
It also can do DRM in some cases with it's built in 12Khz IF.

He
http://www.cam.org/~noelbou/RxPlus/

Have fun
Lucky

I just wanted to add I bought the remote control option for the R-75 and
it's fantastic.
It has features you don't have from the radio control panel itself!

I want to buy the UT-102 voice synthesizer so I can announce the frequency,
S-Meter strength, mode etc from the remote controller in the dark like a kid

Lucky

Old January 31st 05, 10:13 PM
Soliloquy

"Lucky" wrote in
:

Thanks for the suggestions, it seems to be working fairly well now. I try
not to change the settings on the radio while the program is in control,
and I haven't had any problems since.

Thanks again.

Soliloquy

Anyway keep working with it. There is a Yahoo group started by him
just for his software. Address all bugs directly to him there since he
supports it vigorously.

Lucky

Old February 2nd 05, 01:09 AM
starman

Lucky wrote:

I just wanted to add I bought the remote control option for the R-75 and
it's fantastic.
It has features you don't have from the radio control panel itself!

I want to buy the UT-102 voice synthesizer so I can announce the frequency,
S-Meter strength, mode etc from the remote controller in the dark like a kid

Lucky

Can you control the volume with the remote?

Old February 2nd 05, 03:30 AM
Lucky

"starman" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

I just wanted to add I bought the remote control option for the R-75 and
it's fantastic.
It has features you don't have from the radio control panel itself!

I want to buy the UT-102 voice synthesizer so I can announce the
frequency,
S-Meter strength, mode etc from the remote controller in the dark like a
kid

Lucky

Can you control the volume with the remote?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Can you control the volume? Hell yeah! Mute also.You can also adjust the
PBT. It has features the radio doesn't have like PBT IF shift, both PBT in
the same direction with the press of one button.

PBT in opposite directions with one button.
NR, ANF, etc..everything.

Read:
Features
a.. Turn receiver on and off.
b.. Set a sleep time.
c.. Control receiver volume with VOL+/-.
d.. Mute receiver/return to previous volume.
e.. Enter frequency directly to 1Hz in the range of 30kHz to 60MHz.
f.. Increase or decrease frequency using CH +/- in steps of 1Hz, 10Hz,
100Hz, 1kHz, 5kHz, 9kHz, 10kHz, 100kHz, and 1MHz in the range of 30kHz to
60MHz.
g.. Set up to five (5) User Tuning Steps. Useful for detuning frequencies
by one half of filter bandwidth or use a very small frequency step to
quickly zero-beat in SSB mode.
h.. Recall last directly entered frequency.
i.. Directly select memory channels.
j.. Move up and down through memory channels using CH +/-.
k.. Start and Stop programmed and memory scans.
l.. Move memory frequency and mode to VFO.
m.. Write VFO frequency and mode to currently selected memory.
n.. Toggle between AM, S-AM, LSB, USB, FM (configurable), or CW
(configurable).
o.. Select VFO or Memory mode.
p.. Control of RF gain and SQL.
q.. Control of Inner and Outer PBT independently and together. Both PBT
controls can be moved together in the same direction as an IF bandpass
shift, or in opposite directions to adjust IF bandwidth. This only works
with certain IF filter combinations.
r.. Enable NR and directly set the level. Only works with DSP (UT-106)
option installed.
s.. Enable NR and move up and down through the levels. Only works with
DSP (UT-106) option installed.
t.. Move RF Gain, SQL, and PBT to full CW, CCW, and default settings
independently.
u.. Set up to six (6) User Definable settings each for RF Gain, Squelch,
Inner PBT, Outer PBT, and Both PBTs.
v.. Select Fast AGC, Slow AGC, or AGC off (configurable).
w.. Select Normal, Wide, or Narrow filter.
x.. Select Preamp 1, 2, or none.
y.. Select ANT 1 or 2.
z.. Toggle RF Attenuation on or off.
aa.. Toggle ANF on or off. Only works with DSP (UT-106) option installed.
ab.. Toggle NB on or off.
ac.. Toggle Memory Label display on and off in memory mode.
ad.. Announce with speech synthesis. Only works with Speech Synthesis
(UT-102) option installed.
ae.. Adjust LCD Backlight brightness.
af.. Settable parameters:
a.. CI-V address.
b.. Radio baud rate (1200, 4800, 9600, or 19200).
c.. Enable/Disable FM and CW modes in mode selections.
d.. Enable/Disable AGC off in mode selections.
e.. Frequency pacing. You can control the pacing of frequency up and
down. This is how fast the frequency changes when you hold the CH+/- keys.
f.. Define up to five User Tuning Steps.
ag.. Status LED that shows communications status, center position of
RF/SQL and PBT controls, settable parameter entry, and clear key operation.