Old February 2nd 05, 12:42 AM
Soliloquy

dxAce wrote in :

You likely have made the trouble makers list: Radio-Mart also reserves
the right to ban/remove ANY bid(s) from ANY individual for ANY reason. We
do keep a Blocked Bidders list for ALL non paying bidders as well as
trouble makers.

I wonder if Radio-Mart would honor the ability of a buyer to cancel his
purchase after the completion of the auction? Probably not. Can buyers
publish rules for sellers? If you haven't cancelled a bid or reneged on
paying in a timely manner for an auction, I don't see why the seller can
cancel your bid simply because you questioned his veracity.

And this: **All items you see pictured are pictures of the ACTUAL item
being sold and are copyright of Radio Mart Inc.

I am sure that Universal Radio would be astounded by that statement.

Soliloquy

Indeed, as soon as I asked him a few questions he stated that I was
blocked as a bidder. Not that I was really interested anyway, but ask
a few pertinent questions, and you're done!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 3rd 05, 04:17 AM
Radio E V E R H A R T

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:30:16 -0500, dxAce wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

hamfest bum wrote:

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...

I'm wondering why he's using so many private auctions now--is
gottahaveit1995 bidding on them?

(someone needs to flag e-Bay Safe Harbor on all this malarkie goin on!)

FROM THE E-BAY SAFE HARBOR F.A.Q. :

"Shill bidding is the deliberate use of secondary
registrations, aliases, family members, friends,
or associates to artificially drive up the bid
price of an item. (This is also known as "bid padding.")
Shill bidding is strictly forbidden on eBay.
eBay members found shill bidding may receive
warnings or indefinite suspensions of their accounts."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...l-bidding.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/shill-bidding.html

With private auctions, you'll have a tough time proving shill bidding.

Ebay may be able to check to see if bids are coming from the same IP address as
the seller. This would probably be a better shot than asking them if
gottahaveit1995 is bidding - as he was already caught shilling with that user
id, and I doubt he'd repeat the mistake with the same user id.

He went to the private auction format when folks here started talking about
warning his bidders about his practices.

Indeed, as soon as I asked him a few questions he stated that I was blocked as a
bidder. Not that I was really interested anyway, but ask a few pertinent questions,
and you're done!

dxAce
Michigan
USA