Old February 5th 05, 09:59 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Zach Liang schrieb:

First my idea about the MP3 recorder:
-96-112 kbps for FM Stereo

112 max seems a bit tight to me. Even with frequencies up to 15 kHz
only, the maximum should be the equivalent of ~200 kbps ABR/VBR from a
CD (around 160 or so?). Noone has to use that, but the recording from a
high-quality station at maximum quality should be indistiguishable from
the original even using good headphones.

-max 20 kbps for AM

A selection of 16, 24 and 32 kbps seems reasonable.

It can be useful if common flash (removable) memories will be used

Yup. Since size is not an issue, I'd look at CF. Stuff in a big
Microdrive or similar and record forever and a day, plus potential
incompatibilities are minimal since CF cards have their own controllers.

What about adding VHFII band? ( 150 -180 MHZ )

Hmm, what's that used for? It would most likely require a separate
frontend since you can't expand FM band coverage indefinitely.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W
Old February 5th 05, 10:11 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Conan Ford schrieb:

Also, a bright orange or green (or white) backlight is preferable to a DIM
blue one, even if blue LED's are more trendy.

ACK. Using blue is just inefficient considering us ordinary humans have
the maximum sensitivity in the yellow-green range.

Stephan
Old March 7th 05, 12:44 AM

While any open sourced digital recording ability would be GREAT, I'd
prefer mpeg4 or AAC format for its better quality in a smaller file.
However, as a beggar, I won't be a chooser!

I'm already putting a few bucks away a week for this radio when it is
rolled out. I love my Degen 1102 and would have no qualms about buying
another product of theirs.

Old March 7th 05, 04:15 PM

Yes, and I'll jump in with a third. The DE1103 is also proof that
Kaito can design good performing inexpensive radios. If they go
up-market they will have to consider receiver performance as well as
the numerous features we all want. Dynamic range, selectivity and
image control become a whole lot more important in the over $500.00
price range that the DE1108 will probably price out at.

Old March 7th 05, 05:06 PM

Nawwww,I am saving up for a Sony 7600GR Radio.
cuhulin