Old February 1st 05, 03:37 PM

Make that www.scannermaster.com

Old February 2nd 05, 10:32 AM
Jim Douglas

Keep the scanner, just another toy to listen to when SW listening is bad.

"JShorr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased (though it hasn't yet arrived) my first SW radio, the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR.

I currently use a little Uniden Sportcat to scan a couple of
police/emergency and ham frequencies. Would it be safe to give the
SportCat to my little nephew, or are there things that it will pick up
that the ICF-SW7600GR will not?

Also, I ordered a copy of Passport 2005 -- if you had to reccomend just
one or two more books or websites (hopefully websites) what would you
reccomend for the beginner?

Extra Class License Study Material Drink Antenna 13 February 19th 04 08:29 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
Antenna questions from Beginner Birderman Shortwave 2 September 6th 03 12:51 AM
BEWARE SPENDING TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERE (WAS Electronic Questions) CW Antenna 1 September 5th 03 06:20 PM