Old February 4th 05, 08:31 AM
dxAce

Found a link to a picture..describes Propagation by frequecy; etc..

http://www.ips.gov.au/Main.php?CatID...ospheric%20Map

- My question is:
WHY has propagation been so Fu*k*d up.. during the last year?? ??

Because it is? Nothing really unusual about it though.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 4th 05, 04:45 PM
bpnjensen

Actually, last night local time here in California (about 6:00 to 7:00Z
2/4/05) the bands were pretty hot. 41m and 49m were positively
hopping. Austria on 6155 was much better than usual. 31m was better
than it has been. 60m was not so great (although a Peruvian 5 kW
station was banging in nicely), but it was a tad late in the evening
here for most of them.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 4th 05, 05:58 PM

I blame the republicans for the weakening magnetic field

Old February 4th 05, 06:33 PM
Rob Mills

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
ups.com...

Actually, last night local time here in California (about 6:00 to 7:00Z

2/4/05) the bands were pretty hot.

Yes, 49 meter band jumping here in NE Oklahoma around 11:00 PM (central) or
so. Rob Mills ~

Old February 4th 05, 06:36 PM
Rob Mills

wrote in message
ups.com...

I blame the republicans for the weakening magnetic field

Nope, Teddy caused it with his ranting and raving.

Old February 5th 05, 06:29 AM
Stranger_On_The_Bus

Last night (02-05)was better than it has been in weeks here in the Pacific
Northwest. Surprisingly good conditions - the best in two or three
months.

I've noticed a lot of day-to-day variation in conditions. When SW
conditions are bad, I tend to switch to mediumwave. Or if I want to hear
the BBC or VOA, go the web.

Conditions generally over the next couple of years will only deteriorate
as we get toward the bottom of the cycle, but there are still good days.

Old February 6th 05, 06:38 AM
starman

Stranger_On_The_Bus wrote:

Last night (02-05)was better than it has been in weeks here in the Pacific
Northwest. Surprisingly good conditions - the best in two or three
months.

I've noticed a lot of day-to-day variation in conditions. When SW
conditions are bad, I tend to switch to mediumwave. Or if I want to hear
the BBC or VOA, go the web.

Conditions generally over the next couple of years will only deteriorate
as we get toward the bottom of the cycle, but there are still good days.

It depends on what bands you use. At solar minimum the lower shortwave
bands can be very good while propagation on the higher ones tends to be
poor to nonexistant. The downside of this effect is band crowding. The
broadcasters have less spectrum to use and must therefore use more of
the lower bands.

really horrible conditions running dogg Shortwave 9 February 6th 05 04:20 AM
Propagation conditions Mike Terry Shortwave 2 October 18th 04 02:49 AM
Super MW Conditions This Morning John Plimmer Shortwave 0 October 12th 04 03:52 AM
Conditions Lately... M-Tech CB 7 September 3rd 04 04:01 PM
Poor HF Propagation Conditions Thomas Giella KN4LF Shortwave 0 November 15th 03 04:24 PM