Old February 5th 05, 06:37 PM
Brian Hill

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
. com...
The pix are up.

Yep you got yourself a Hallicrafters SX-73. Looks like a nice one too.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Old February 6th 05, 12:40 AM
-XC-

Henry,
be extremely careful when cleaning or working around the finger contacts on
that turret assembly, if things get out of mechanical alighnment they can
get mashed pretty easily.

Good luck,
John

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
om...
I just got this unit at the ABQ swap and started looking for a a manual

with
Google and found that unit is differnt from the ones I've found pictured.
It has 3 Collins mechanical filters. At the top upper left it has a

Squelch
control and next to it is a Noise Silencer control. The mode swtich is
labeled AM and SSB/CW. The lettering looks factory done. The filters have
been added on a sub chassis and I'm not sure it is a factory mod or

homebrew
but it has been nicely done. The S meter was made by Texas Instruments.

It
has some problems including lots of nosie, hetrodynes, etc.. I've only

seen
one of these in the past and can recall which version it was, they must be
scarce? Anyone have any info?

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old February 6th 05, 04:01 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Thanks, I'll be extra careful..
I uploaded several more pix to abpr showing the mfg date, label, filters,
filter subassembly and view of the chassis from below. The bottom cover
plate has 27!! screws. Any other info appreciated.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old February 6th 05, 04:54 PM

Most of them Mil (Military) Radios are different.I know an old guy who
goes around and buys things to resell to help keep the wolf away from
the door,so to speak.A few years ago,he had a Russian Ship Radio and a
England Radio for sale.He was asking $50.00 for the Roosky Radio and
$30.00 for the Limeyland Radio.Why I passed on both of them Radios,I
have no idea.I think I am fixin to phone that auld fart over there at
Southwood Apartments on Elton Road and see if he (Charles McKeithen) has
something I need to buy from him.
cuhulin