Old February 8th 05, 12:16 PM
dxAce

Dave Hall wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:52:05 -0500, Buck wrote:
aught looking at an inside fastball and never even swung at
it, hehehe! Meanwhile, his wife managed to knock one out
of the ball park. It wasn't just a grand slam, either, it was a
200-grand slam, hehehe! There's also an important lesson
in this story, Voyeurwebbers: ***If you're hobby becomes

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:43:00 -0500, "morris" wrote:

There's a LESSON here you hams and radio freaks.
What happened to this baseball collector can happen to a
radio collector also....and I know SEVERAL xyl's who'd
just LOVE an opportunity to trash or sell off all of her

The couple had been married for 17 years.
When asked about the auction, the wife
said: "I'm giggling."

-- Holy Strike Out, Voyeurwebbers! It sounds like this guy got
cyour life ... it's definitely time to get a new hobby***. -- Igor

My wife never had to work for my hobby. Before we married we
discussed it. I had been a ham for years before we met. I told her
that I was an Amateur Radio Operator for years before we met and I
would be one long after she's gone. If she couldn't accept that, she
would have to move on. Likewise, I never tried to discourage or
change things about my wife. Those things a person likes and
dislikes, or their hobbies, etc, are part of what makes them the
persons they are. I believe that if we take those things from a
person, there will be a hole in their life and they will no longer be
the person we met and fell in love with. Of course, it is different
if that person changes hobbies, etc. on their own, but it is not good
to take it from them.

To include in their budget, support for each other's hobbies is not a
bad thing, but to break their budget over any one hobby is not a good
thing. My wife never went hungry because I bought a radio.

Very wise words, from someone who understands human interaction. Too
often one person or the other in a couple thinks they can "reform" the
other person's bad habits. This only leads to misery and an eventual
breakup. When you sign up to the "for better or worse" deal, that
means you take the whole package, not just the parts you like. My wife
had to deal with my radios, and I had to deal with her smoking (Which
fortunately she gave up when she was pregnant). That's is the nature
of compromise. You compromise because underneath those surface
differences, there is a greater bond of affection which should
transcend those surface differences. But it should be everything in
moderation. If important things in life are being postponed to address
a specific hobby, then it's time for a little introspection.

Just remember that life is uncertain.
You do your best, but still...
Some men marry women,
hoping they won't change.
Some women marry men,
hoping they will.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 12th 05, 04:03 AM
Brian Hill

"Garden Guru" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

Honus. He's just another mental case. Do a Google search.You'll be
impressed.

Yeah...I think I've butted heads with this butt head before. sigh

I don't think he has a head. Kind of like that chicken that lived after

decap. Just enough brain stem left to execute motor activity and stir

****
on Usenet.

B.H.

Your wife gave me head all night. That bitch can suck a golf ball through

garden hose Brian.

We all know you have worms so please quit dragging your ass across the
carpet stupid.

B.H.