Old February 6th 05, 06:53 PM
Caveat Lector

Default OT ENTIRELY BUT FUNNY FUNNY

I know it may be bad form to post humor here (;-)

But this cracked me up
See how it strikes you

Roy D Mercer down in Oklahoma is calling a Navy Recruiting Chief
http://www.blueshado.com/deadhamster.shtml

Old February 6th 05, 10:00 PM
Honus

"Howard" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:41:49 -0000, Soliloquy
wrote:

"Caveat Lector" wrote in news:zItNd.29339$xt.7087
@fed1read07:

Stooopid. I am looking for an Amish family to adopt me. America is being
flushed down the **** tubes, elections are rigged, jobs flow overseas
faster than the water from Lake Erie over the Niagara Falls, moronic
"reality" shows dominate the television, and we continue with the asinine
skits such as this one. I would have thought that it was funny at one
time, but endless laughter is indicative of a deranged mind.

Actually the water rushing over Niagara Falls is from the Niagara
River, fed by Lake Ontario, and flowing into Lake Erie.

So actually, he's right. Jobs -are- flowing overseas faster than water from
Lake Erie is going over the Niagara Falls.

Old February 6th 05, 10:33 PM
Soliloquy

Howard wrote in
:

Howard, you can't be this stupid, can you? The problem with so many people
on this NG is that they won't even take a minute to research the details
before they write. Just as I have said, we essentially are all becoming
morons. When a large percentage of American kids can't even find the U.S.
on a globe, we are indeed in trouble. Everybody, including myself, such as
my original post, has opinions, but many people offer blatantly incorrect
information without making even the slightest attempt to verify it.

Here Howard, I have made it easy for you to see the dynamics of the water
flow. You have proven just how stupid people can be. Kindly explain to me
how the water jumps up in the air from Lake Ontario to enter Lake Erie.
Putz.

http://techalive.mtu.edu/meec/module...tLakesFlow.htm

If you have any questions, such as how to spell the word "if", feel free to
write back.

Old February 6th 05, 10:38 PM
Soliloquy

"Honus" wrote in

I see that you are truly as stupid as Howard. Thanks for proving my point,
asshole ;-)

Old February 6th 05, 10:46 PM
Honus

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Honus" wrote in

I see that you are truly as stupid as Howard. Thanks for proving my point,
asshole ;-)

For all you know I was agreeing with you. No matter how you look at what you
said, it could be argued that your statement was correct. If the water flows
as you said, then your point stands although it can be debated. But if the
water flows as Howard said, you're absolutely in the right. And -I'm- the
stupid one?

Old February 6th 05, 11:05 PM
Soliloquy

dxAss wrote in :

(LOL) Laugh out loud, how ironic. Did you intend to be ironic, or was it
just the same affliction of which I wrote?

If Canadians had any brains, they would preclude Americans from moving to
Canada. Unfortunately, since Americans don't have brains, we allow any
sick, diseased, indigent person to migrate unchecked from Mexico into
this country.

I trust that you are proud of the degeneracy that has run rife throughout
this country? Do you extol freedom of speech when it comes to pornography
yet support the non-existent separation of church and state? Is it
"just" (as in fair) to say that any artistic expression, regardless how
vile, is protected under the 1st Amendment, but that a high school
graduating class cannot say the word God during commencement?

Did you know that "Separation of Church and state" are not even in the
Constitution? Probably not.

Go ahead, laugh away. Laugh your rights away, laugh your freedoms away,
laugh your dignity away. Try your damndest to get amused responses from
other posters to this NG, no doubt it will be easy. But what will you
really have gained? A nit wit entertaining nit wits.

Soliloquy.

LOL, what... are you to stupid to find a map and make your way to
CanaDuh?

Damn, this hobby is filled with 'tards.

dxAss
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 05, 11:09 PM
Howard

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 22:33:43 -0000, Soliloquy
wrote:

Howard wrote in
:

[...]

First off, relax a bit. As to why my statement, I have been there and
seen the falls and also checked the map: the Niagara River shows to
run between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie and the falls are between the
two lakes. Well, it seems I remembered the direction of water travel
backward and I made a public mistake. Had you not been so irate in
your response you would have received a public apology. Perhaps your
calling me a putz made you feel better, from the level of vitriole in
your posts today sounds like you need a little relief and thankfully I
was here to provide it for you.

Old February 6th 05, 11:30 PM
Soliloquy

"Honus" wrote in

I noticed that you simply left your reply as a premise, offering you a
way out either way. Take a side, don't leave it dangle. If you feel that
it could be debated, it sways the issue to indicate that you actually
didn't agree with my post anyway, leaving it open to the distinct
possibility that you were unaware of the flow direction. At least DXAce
replied (Huh?) under Howard's assertion that the flow was reversed. DXAce
goes on to counsel me on a move to Canada.

Major apologies if your post was in agreement with mine. I suspect that
it wasn't though, and that you are fishing for a way out of your
ignorance.

Did you see "The Princess Bride"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes

Look at this quote from the movie, depicting a dizzying series of logic
reversals.

You would have to see the movie to appreciate the following. It concerned
a sequence with a supposedly intellectual man. The gist was that one
goblet of wine was to be poisoned, the other not. The intelligent man
would be offered his choice of goblet, not knowing which one contained
the poison.

"Vizzini: Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet,
because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was
given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in
front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would
have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny. I
switched glasses when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell
victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never
get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is
this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.".
Hahahahahah.

[Vizzini falls over dead] "

And look, we are back to laughing again. How ironic.

Soliloquy

Old February 6th 05, 11:32 PM
dxAce

Soliloquy (A 'tards 'tard) wrote:

dxAss wrote in :

[...]

Nah... I'm just gonna laugh at you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 6th 05, 11:41 PM
Soliloquy

Howard wrote in
:

Hey Howard, no problem buddy. Oddly enough, while watching Sherlock
Holmes the other day, they used the word "vitriol". I knew of its use in
language, but it was thrown onto a man's face for revenge of a similar
crime from years before. (hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned, and it
applied in the Sherlock Holmes episode). Anyway, a quick look to the
Webster's Online Dictionary revealed the following.

Main Entry: oil of vitriol
: concentrated sulfuric acid

You learn something new every day.

Regards.