Old February 7th 05, 08:35 AM

Default kenwood yg-455cn-1

Does anyone know where I can find spec on this kenwood yg-455cn-1
filter.

Old February 7th 05, 02:58 PM

I should have been more specific. I need the pinouts. I was hoping to
find a datasheet. I'm not going to use the filter in a Kenwood radio.
Basically, it's a flea market find.

Old February 7th 05, 03:00 PM

BTW, thanks for the quick reply.

Old February 8th 05, 03:26 AM

It is a crystal filter. That is marked on the case. I picked one up at
the local flea market, but need to figure out if it is useable in my
radio.

There are 5 pins per side. The ground and signal lines are obvious, but
that's about it.

Old February 8th 05, 03:58 AM

It helps in the sense that I now know the impedance is 2000 ohms,
assuming the InRad filters are the same impedance as the other
kenwoods. With equal impedances (sort of what I expected), I assume
that input and output can be interchanged..
http://www.qth.com/inrad/home.htm

Old February 9th 05, 04:04 AM

Mine has two sockets on the PCB. The ground pins are easy to spot
since they go the ground plane, and the signal pins have a fat trace
that I assume is designed to have a certain impedance.

The two remaining pins on each side are a bit of a mystery. One pin on
each side goes to a loading cap (i.e .two caps, one for each pin). The

I think I have enough info to test the filter prior to opening up the
radio. Wouldn't you know my RF generator doesn't go beneath 1Mhz (I
need a different plug in) and my other function generator that would
conver the range has the sine wave output blown. I'm going to pad down
and cap couple the square wave output, which should be good enough for
a quick visual test.

The AR7030 has a very fine step size of 2.655Hz, though it doesn't
display that fine a step.