Old February 16th 05, 06:21 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
In article . com,
"bpnjensen" wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Netherlands 11,655 18:00-21:00 UTC all days of the week from
Madagascar 250 kW to africa in english. Prior broadcasts on this
frequency are in Dutch.

I have been fortunate to hear this frequency for years in English
here near San Francisco. Of the nearly antipodal transmissions, this
one clearly reaches west coast USA the best. During winter local
middays, it is almost as clear as their simultaneous Bonaire
transmission (!). No QRM either.

Today they were pretty weak. The noise level made listening difficult
and I had to resort to using the headphones. There was a little
interference on the USB side but not much.

Wednesday at 18:00 it's S6 and kind of fluttery, but very
listenable here in Seattle.

There transmission power was supposed to kick up at 20:00UTC but I
noticed no difference.

There signal was best early in the broadcast.

From ILG it looks like: Radio Netherlands 9,345 14:00-16:00 UTC all
days of the week from Uzbekistan to Asia in English.

I have not been able to nab this one yet, at least clearly enough to
ID. Have heard weakly, I believe, using SSB.

Got up to late this morning to try this one.

Yea, one of the problems with this broadcast is waking up enough to
actually listen to it. (There's also PM on Radio Aus, and Newshour on
BBC which can be more interesting). It's also repeated at least 3 times
for North America, so there's not that much incentive.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews Policy 1 September 24th 04 07:12 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 June 16th 04 08:34 PM