Old February 14th 05, 07:30 PM
FDR

"clifto" wrote in message
news
FDR wrote:
"luckydaze" wrote...
3 gun men open fire with automatic weapons in a NY mall shooting serveral
people.

Hey, a tribute to the Republicans for letting the assault weapon law ban
end. Let's put more in the hands of terrorists.

Show us the gun permits held by the shooters.

When it becomes obvious that you can't, because they didn't have permits,
then everyone with any intelligence will realize that the assault weapon
ban wouldn't have stopped these guys.

Well tell me how the gun gets from the manufacturer to the terrorist?

--

In Memoriam: Julius the cat April 1, 1993 - February 3, 2005
Never forgotten: Chane, Tigger, Koshka, Serenity, Rocky

Old February 14th 05, 07:34 PM
MnMikew

"luckydaze" wrote in message

"Fredrick Garvin" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:16:45 -0500, luckydaze expelled the following:

3 gun men open fire with automatic weapons in a NY mall shooting

serveral
people.

They were wearing all black and had machine guns. What does that tell
you?

They shot people randomly also.

Watch then try and cover it up..

Lucky

It was ONE guy, they got him and it was a random thing. 2 people hurt,

one
in the leg, one in the hand. Get your facts straight before spouting

off.

I just posted what I saw on the news. At the time they were looking for 3
gunmen. You find it in print. All earlier reports were 3 people and still
are.

http://news10now.com/content/top_sto...asp?ArID=36849

Lucky

You may want to find a better news source.

Old February 14th 05, 07:44 PM
Brian Hill

"FDR" wrote in message

Well tell me how the gun gets from the manufacturer to the terrorist?

Many ways. Whats your point?

B.H.

Old February 14th 05, 07:48 PM
Brian Hill

"FDR" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in message

Hey, a tribute to the Republicans for letting the assault weapon law

ban
end. Let's put more in the hands of terrorists.

Lucky

That was a stupid thing to say. What differance would that make? With

your
way of thinking, we should outlaw airplanes because they were used to

take
out the Twin Towers.

You mean those terrorists bought those planes?

B.H.

Why buy when you can steel?

B.H.

Old February 15th 05, 04:09 AM
:-: Ghost Chip :-:

"FDR" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in
message

Well tell me how the gun gets from the manufacturer to the
terrorist?

Many ways. Whats your point?

Well, tell me a few of those ways

B.H.

They steal them from the police, military, manufacturers,
stores, and legitimate owners including old widow ladies.
If they can't steal them those kind will make their own. Then
only they will have them.
The genie won't fit back into the bottle!
Permits and laws only enrich the lawyers, bureaucrats and public
coffers to provide more pork.
Deterrence always works better that punishment!
GC

Old February 15th 05, 03:52 PM
FDR

":-: Ghost Chip :-:" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in message

Well tell me how the gun gets from the manufacturer to the terrorist?

Many ways. Whats your point?

Well, tell me a few of those ways

B.H.

They steal them from the police,

How?

military,

How?

manufacturers,

How?

stores,

So if stores didn't sell assault weapons that would eliminate that source.

and legitimate owners including old widow ladies.

And if people weren't allowed to own or buy assault weapons that would
eliminate another source.

If they can't steal them those kind will make their own. Then only they
will have them.

Them and the police?

Old February 15th 05, 03:57 PM
Brian Hill

":-: Ghost Chip :-:" wrote in message
> [...]

"FDR" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in
message

Well tell me how the gun gets from the manufacturer to the
terrorist?

Many ways. Whats your point?

Well, tell me a few of those ways

B.H.

They steal them from the police, military, manufacturers,
stores, and legitimate owners including old widow ladies.
If they can't steal them those kind will make their own. Then
only they will have them.
The genie won't fit back into the bottle!
Permits and laws only enrich the lawyers, bureaucrats and public
coffers to provide more pork.
Deterrence always works better that punishment!
GC

Not to mention the black market trade in all countries of all nations of the
world. There's knockoff weapons being made all the time too in clandestine
factories that resemble Mac 10s and AKs etc... We have major countries like
Russia that have people in military supply strapped for cash letting things
slip by. There are arms dealers running around all over the globe pawning
this stuff.

B.H.

Old February 15th 05, 03:57 PM
Brian Hill

"Fredrick Garvin" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:24:01 -0600, Brian Hill expelled the following:

"Fredrick Garvin" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:34:39 -0800, miso expelled the following:

I believe in gun control, but in fairness, these attacks are almost

always
using semi-automatic weapons.

Gun control is a rediculous concept. It does not apply to criminals.
Matter of fact, NO LAW applies to criminals.

Kudos to the 2 employees that tackled the ass, they should have shot

him
dead....

People that have had little or no contact with guns usually rely on the

TV
info they see to base their opinions. Us that have grown up with guns
realize that guns have little to do with crime and that humans are the
ultimate weapon and guns are only a tool. They have a hard time
understanding why any one would need or want automatic firearms. I like
all types of guns and collect them primarily because there neat and I
collect a lot of other things to I find interesting including old

radios,
guitars, antiques and small handmade brass trains. I'm the type of

person
that loves mechanics and guns represent some of mans greatest

achievements
in mechanical design. Yes it's sad that some were designed to kill

humans
but war is a catalyst that pushes the envelope in technology and these
thing are product of that. Is my collecting guns making the world a

worse
place? I don't think so and NO guns don't turn you into a killer.

B.H.

Just for the record I personally don't own a gun and have no interest in
owning one at present. I just think the "gun laws" are rediculous. These
kind of scumbags will always get weapons regardless of how many "laws"
they pass...

Yep. I agree Fredrick.

B.H.

Old February 16th 05, 01:59 AM
uncle arnie

FDR wrote:

"luckydaze" wrote in message
3 gun men open fire with automatic weapons in a NY mall shooting serveral
people.

They were wearing all black and had machine guns.
What does that tell you?

They shot people randomly also.

Watch then try and cover it up..

Hey, a tribute to the Republicans for letting the assault weapon law ban
end. Let's put more in the hands of terrorists.

Lucky

Gotta wade in here and expand the OT more OT (as if the topic has never been
over discussed here):
Gun laws will not prevent determined people (terrorists or other criminals).
They may prevent some crimes of passion - data is scarce on that. They
probably prevent some drive-byes. Well, its hard to have a drive by
knifing. (okay that's a joke). I think the culture and structure of a
society is mostly responsible for violence. Canada didn't have gun laws
until about 20 years ago and now has very stringent ones - at terrible
expense (we don't know about scandal --- Yet!). Violence with firearms has
always been less here than the USA. In my province there is no enforcement
of the federal gun law - too expensive for too little return for one thing.
There were 600-700 murders in Canada last year - 32 million people - about
the same as L.A. How many there? Probably many things together account for
violence in a society.
Old February 16th 05, 02:01 AM
Brian Hill

"-=jd=-" wrote in message

I know of one police shotgun that was stolen from a cruiser while the

LEO's
were inside breaking-up a domestic. Actually, the entire cruiser was

stolen
and recovered within 15 minutes (sans shotgun). I remember one officer in
Florida that left his gun in the bathroom of a restaurant. It went missing
by the time he realized what he had forgotten (at least his fly was
zipped). I guess this means it's reasonable and prudent to disarm our
police?

Jd I've lived and worked in some tough cities around the . I was in Oakland
heading to Berkley to work on a Pyramid Brewery job and anyway I stopped at
this stop light and two guys started taking stuff right out of the back of
my truck wile I was stopped at the light? I couldn't even chase the MoFos
because of the traffic and twenty other MoFos ready to snatch the rest if
I'd have left the truck and ran after them. They grabbed a $1000 portable
tig welder about the size of a big lunch box and a hand threader. Damn I was
****ed!!! I got my wallet snatched in Panama. Right out of my inside breast
pocket. How I'll never know? The point is, there are theives out there that
know their ****.

B.H.