Old February 14th 05, 02:55 AM
Invader3K

Default Going to Europe in June...

Hey everyone. Happy to say I'll be going on vacation to Europe this
summer. We will be spending most of our time in England and Germany,
with a little bit in Amsterdam and possibly Prague. Anyway, I figured
it would be a good opportunity to hear some exotic stations, and get a
taste of European radio.

I'm wondering what to bring. I probably don't want to bring my YB-400,
since I don't want to risk losing it. I have a Grundig Mini World 100,
which is a small analog-dial handheld. Do you think this would suffice,
or should I spring for something a little more advanced? Any
recommendations for small but decent handhelds that will do well in
Europe? Thanks.

Old February 14th 05, 08:48 AM
Volker Tonn

Invader3K schrieb:

Any recommendations for small but decent handhelds that will do well in
Europe? Thanks.

Hi.
I tell you to bring your YB-400 with you. Take the best you can!
You'll not having fun with your Grundig MiniWorld-100 especially if you
want to catch exotic stations.
I bet you'll have more luck with receiving exotic stations when sitting
in the prairie far away from any man-made noise and having enough space
for some real directional long wires of 1000ft or more just laying on
the ground....
You'll be wondering how much more crowded the SW-band are here in
Europe. Even my commonly high rated portable Sony ICF-2001D (2010) is
just good enough for some basic listening. So I go with my NRD-525.....

Old February 14th 05, 09:39 PM
Jürgen Müller

Hi,

be happy to own a Grundig YB 400!!! Take only that radio to Europe, you will
have real fun with that good radio - from longwave, interesting medium wave
to so much to listen on shortwave!

Have a good time - and take a lot of Euros with you indeed!

Greetings from Germany, Jürgen

ups.com...

R.BULGARIA B'04 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 25th 04 02:16 PM
R Prague B04 sked Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 5th 04 09:51 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1399 ­ June 4, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 June 5th 04 12:43 AM
Bulgaria A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 19th 04 05:35 PM
Fwd: R Prague A 04 Summer Schedule WA4009SWL Shortwave 1 March 18th 04 07:32 PM