Old February 15th 05, 03:24 PM

Default CCrane Radio Plus - need an opinion on it

I bought one of those ccrane radios about six years ago that Art Bell
and George Noory (are y'all listening,Art Bell and George Noory?) tout
so much.Believe me,they are way over rated and over priced and that
ccrane radio wouldn't pick up any better than any of my old ratty tatty
radios I own and the sound quality of that ccrane radio they tout about
isn't anywhere as good as the sound quality of many of my old radios.I
sent that ccrane radio back withing the week,back to ccrane in
Fortuna,California.But it is your money,go ahead and buy one of those
radios if you want to.
cuhulin

Old February 16th 05, 12:32 AM
tianli

I am considering investing in a C.Crane Radio Plus receiver .

You could spend the same amount on a receiver that is far more useful.
If you can elaborate on your receiver needs I am sure you will read many

Old February 16th 05, 01:03 AM
Michael

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Friends
I am considering investing in a C.Crane Radio Plus receiver . If anyone
out there owns one and uses it for BCB DX'ing, how do you like it?
Good and bad points?
Thanks 73 Greg WDX9KHY

Hiya... I think the CC Radio is a decent radio, but you can do better MW
DX'ing and get other usage out of the Sony 7600gr for about the same money.
The CC Radio is for medium wave and does not get short wave. The CC has
nice audio quality and it had a nice built in antenna for medium wave. It
is indeed quite sensitive for medium wave, but I've found that it isn't that
selective. I was thinking of buying one myself about five months back. I
borrowed one from my friend to use for a few nights. I found that sometimes
I can hear strong local AM stations splashing weak signals all over the
medium wave band.

So... Here is my suggestion.... The Sony 7600gr is GREAT for medium wave
DX'ing. It is quite sensitive. Best of all, it is very selective. It also
has a single side band selectable am sync. That one feature alone is a HUGE
plus for medium wave DX'ing. You can use it to cut out interference from
adjacent signals. I've found it to be indispensable for medium wave DX'ing.
The sync locks in on weak signals, and then you can use the usb/lsb switch
to eliminate the interfearance from what ever happens to be generating it
from above or below. It is also respectabley quite as far as noise goes.
IMO, it is the best portable available for MW DX'ing.

And... As a bonus to MW usage, you'll get to use the 7600gr for what it is
primarily designed for. Short wave listening.
You cant go wrong. It is fantastic for MW. Way better for dealing with
weak signals then the CC.

The CC does have one advantage. The audio quality is better. More defined
and richer. Still, you'll be WAY better off with the 7600gr.

Michael

Old February 16th 05, 05:26 AM
Radio E V E R H A R T

Love mine. Like the TV and Weather and it's great for DXing. Also
has aux input for IPOD or something like it. Don't listen to the
hight and mighty licks here... they know not what they say.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:03:09 -0500, "Michael"
wrote:

roups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 11:29 AM
wavetrapper

The failing display problem is very real. Ignore this known issue at
your own peril. Read the radiointel review and visit the CCRadio Yahoo
group.

Old February 16th 05, 12:17 PM
RHF

WT,
Old February 16th 05, 12:23 PM
Ron Hardin

I'd certainly get the 7600GR before the CC Radio; but get also a passive MW loop
to use with the 7600GR on MW, Terk loop or the Radio Shack loop or
Select-a-tenna.
--
Ron Hardin

Old February 16th 05, 09:35 PM
RHF

WDX9KHY - ... and you were saying ? ~ RHF
Old February 16th 05, 09:36 PM
RHF

WDX9KHY - can you expand on this . . . ~ RHF