Old February 20th 05, 08:39 PM
Telamon

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

Telamon,
.
I Am Glad You Asked )
.
CALIFORNIA TORNADOES 1950-1998 - TABLE
http://www.wdc.ndin.net/Cal_Tor.html
.
NOTE - With a Count of 262 Tornadoes in 48 Years results in an
Average of over 5 Tornadoes per Year in California.
.
MAP - CALIFORNIA TORNADOES 1950-1997
http://www.wdc.ndin.net/Cal_Tor.gif
.
tornadoes don't shake me up - earth quakes do ~ RHF
. .
= = = Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

I heard on the news tonight that so californica had 2 twisters. I
bet that is an odd happening. We get them every spring here in
Kentucky

and Ihate the damn things. Hope neither of you were close,and
that you all don't get covered by mudslides. The weather can suck
at times. We are supossed to have a minor ice storm tonight. The
last one we had left my parents with out power for 7 days. Terry

They are very rare. I have only heard of them occurring in the last
few years. I heard a report that there were three tornados today
and at least one of them caused damage. That is a first in
California I think.

OK, according to the chart there were two, one each in the years 1982
and 1992. They both caused no damage and are category F0. The same story
with the rest of them. Usually just a few people injured so I guess they
never made a memorable splash in the paper.

I wonder if the two Ventura county events were really waterspouts
instead of tornados. I have heard of waterspouts spotted off the coast.
I still have no recollection of these two tornados in Ventura county.
Maybe someone can find a news article on them.

In any event I only recollect one or two reports of tornados in
California in the past so the charts were an eye opener as to the number
of them.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 20th 05, 09:38 PM

We get tornados here sometimes.There isn't anything that scares me worse
than tornados.
cuhulin

Propagation at the moment Telamon Shortwave 7 January 25th 05 05:33 AM
7625952774534316 Honus General 10 November 1st 04 07:52 AM
Radio Australia fades out today on 17715 and 17795 Telamon Shortwave 8 September 14th 04 06:07 AM