Old February 19th 05, 08:46 PM
Burr

Default Telamon

How high's the water down there dude???

We've had a slow rain for two days but it is running down the street.

I'm in Ridgecrest

Burr
Gurndig FR200, YB400, Sat 650 & Sat 800
Drake SW8
BC895XLT& BC245
Ridgecrest/Ontario, Ca.

Old February 19th 05, 10:02 PM
Telamon

In article BANRd.27941$uc.10958@trnddc08, "Burr"
wrote:

How high's the water down there dude???

We've had a slow rain for two days but it is running down the street.

I'm in Ridgecrest

Ventura county is experiencing similar weather to LA county with an
abundance of rain, flooding and mud slide alerts with more on the way
this weekend. Last two days a little over 2 inches with 4 inches in
places like Ojai. At least we have not have any tornados like San Diego
has had today.

We have had very rare thunder storms so the antennas were disconnected
last night.

I'm about 100 yards from the beach and the previous storms had water
halfway up the driveway due to some plugged storm drains but these last
rains were no problem because they were cleared this time around.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 19th 05, 11:09 PM
Burr

It stopped raining 15 minutes ago but the bottom is about to fall out again.
They say we are going to have snow in the mountains behind me tonight down
to 5,000 ft.
I've been home from Monday night and we got a lot of yard work done but
is was between showers. Today I have stayed in with the radios, not a lot on
SW but the scanner has been very active.
I think I am going to rewrite my scanner program for both north and
south. I would like to add a lot of MilAir. That's what rainy days are for.

Old February 19th 05, 11:15 PM
Burr

Figure this one out, it for my place at Guasti!!

"""" Tonight
Showers then showers likely. Slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows 40 to 49.
Light winds. Chance of measurable precipitation 70 percent. """

--
Burr
I voted right, I voted Republican.

Old February 20th 05, 01:26 AM

I heard on the news tonight that so californica had 2 twisters.
I bet that is an odd happening.
We get them every spring here in Kentucky and Ihate the
damn things.
Hope neither of you were close,and that you all don't get
covered by mudslides.
The weather can suck at times.
We are supossed to have a minor ice storm tonight.
The last one we had left my parents with out power for 7 days.
Terry

Old February 20th 05, 03:22 AM
Dan Morisseau

running dogg wrote:

Two words: global warming. I heard on the BBC that scientists have
proved that the warming of the earth is due to human meddling. I've also
heard that the earth could warm up to 11 degrees over the next 50-100
years. The ice sheet over the Arctic has ALREADY lost an area equal to
the size of Texas AND Arizona. The Sacramento River delta in
California-the source for most of the agricultural water in the central
valley, and of SoCal's drinking water-is going to change from fresh
water to salt water over the next few decades, making it unusable for
any human use. Hang on folks, there's more coming...

You really do need to read this:

http://www.crichton-official.com/spe...s_quote04.html

It's lengthy and requires some concentration, but don't let that scare
you off. There's more to science (and reality) than what you hear on
your favorite radio program .. or than what matches your media driven
preconceptions.

--
Milepost 11.7 - UPRR Jeff City Sub - N 38°34'53", W 90°22'32", 680'
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
Old February 20th 05, 11:24 AM
RHF

Telamon,

Propagation at the moment Telamon Shortwave 7 January 25th 05 05:33 AM
7625952774534316 Honus General 10 November 1st 04 07:52 AM
Radio Australia fades out today on 17715 and 17795 Telamon Shortwave 8 September 14th 04 06:07 AM