Old February 19th 05, 09:21 PM
David

Default Enjoy your radios while you can. Big Brother will be coming for them soon.

Kids Say the Darndest, Most Stalinist Things
By Bill Maher
Bill Maher is the host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher."

February 18, 2005

A new survey found that a majority of high schoolers think newspapers
should not be allowed to publish without government approval. And
almost one in five said that Americans should be prohibited from
expressing unpopular opinions.

Lemme tell you little darlings something: This is my livelihood you're
messing with, so either learn the Bill of Rights or you don't deserve
Social Security.

Now, to those of you who think I'm overreacting: Yes, I understand
that when you're in high school you're still very young and that no
one really cares what kids say anyway — it's not like priests are
dating them for their brains.

But the younger generation is supposed to rage against the machine,
not for it; they're supposed to question authority, not question those
who question authority.

And what's so frightening is that we're seeing the beginnings of the
first post-9/11 generation — the kids who first became aware of the
news under an "Americans need to watch what they say" administration,
the kids who've been told that dissent is un-American and therefore
justifiably punished by a fine, imprisonment — or the loss of your
show on ABC.

President Bush once asked, "Is our children learning?" No — they
isn't. A more appropriate question might be, "Is our teachers
teaching?" In four years, you can teach a gorilla sign language. Is it
too much to ask that in the same amount of time a kid be taught what
those crazy hippies who founded this country had in mind?

I know the Morals & Values folks want us to take time out of the
school day for prayer and the Ten Commandments and abstinence training
and at least two theories of evolution — the one agreed upon by every
scientist in the world and the one that involves naked ladies and
snakes — but, lest we forget, last month the people of Iraq risked
death and danger to send a simple, inspiring message: America, get out
of our country. But also, we want the freedoms you take for granted.

Now, I didn't mind being on the losing side of the last election. But
as a loser, I guess I have some "unpopular" opinions — and I'd like to
keep them. I'd even like to continue to say them right out loud on TV,
because if I just get up there every Friday night and spout the Bush
administration's approved talking points, that's not freedom or
entertainment. It's Fox News.

Old February 19th 05, 10:51 PM
dxAce

FDR wrote:

America is well on it's way to being a third world facist state.

Nah, you're thinking of CanaDuh.

Try again, 'tard boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 05, 11:18 PM
Bob Haberkost

"dxAce" wrote in message

| FDR wrote:

| America is well on it's way to being a third world facist state.

| Nah, you're thinking of CanaDuh.

| Try again, 'tard boy.

Wow. Serially-clueless, and offensively so. It's one thing to disagree, but
quite another to make analogies which are patently false, and inconsistent with
arguments (if you could call them that) that you've made in the past. Makes you
look like an idiot. Or confirms what we already knew, actually.
Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by
evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious
encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." -- Justice
Brandeis
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old February 19th 05, 11:19 PM
m II

David wrote:

Kids Say the Darndest, Most Stalinist Things
By Bill Maher
Bill Maher is the host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher."

February 18, 2005

A new survey found that a majority of high schoolers think newspapers
should not be allowed to publish without government approval. And
almost one in five said that Americans should be prohibited from
expressing unpopular opinions.

Following the same philosophy, I suggest Doctors be banned from giving
any bad news to their patients. Meteorologists would only be allowed
to report GOOD weather.

It will be a better, happier world.

mike

Old February 19th 05, 11:22 PM
dxAce

Bob Haberkost wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

| FDR wrote:

| America is well on it's way to being a third world facist state.

| Nah, you're thinking of CanaDuh.

| Try again, 'tard boy.

Wow. Serially-clueless, and offensively so. It's one thing to disagree, but
quite another to make analogies which are patently false, and inconsistent with
arguments (if you could call them that) that you've made in the past. Makes you
look like an idiot. Or confirms what we already knew, actually.

We?

Your little imaginary friend and yourself?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 05, 11:41 PM
running dogg

David wrote:

Kids Say the Darndest, Most Stalinist Things
By Bill Maher
Bill Maher is the host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher."

February 18, 2005

A new survey found that a majority of high schoolers think newspapers
should not be allowed to publish without government approval. And
almost one in five said that Americans should be prohibited from
expressing unpopular opinions.

I shudder to think what the US will be like with them in power, 30 or so
years from now. I suppose that Americans will have an approved list of
conversation topics, with an all seeing nationwide surveillance system
monitoring for compliance. One slip of the tongue, and you disappear. Or
else we will all have a computer chip implanted in our brains,
monitoring our thoughts constantly and continuously reporting back to
the secret police. One unapproved thought from you, and boy, you're in
trouble-with a few keystrokes or a spoken command, the secret police
command your brain and heart to shut down, and you suddenly keel over
dead while working the checkout counter at Wal Mart (the only remaining
employer). Or it could be the reverse-the computer chip is in control of
the wetware, and feeds us a continuous stream of government approved
thoughts and feelings. The human brain will be used only for controlling
body function, actual thinking will be done by the computer chip which
will be directly connected to the Ministry of Truth. Imagine the
possibilities! No more terrible twos, no more teenage rebellion, no more
bitching about how bad your job is. You will only think government
approved thoughts, only talk government approved topics of conversation,
they will decide when and what you feel.

Old February 19th 05, 11:47 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

That's CanaDuh today!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 20th 05, 12:09 AM
running dogg

dxAce wrote:

running dogg wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

Not even Canada is that bad...yet.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 20th 05, 12:33 AM
FDR

"dxAce" wrote in message

FDR wrote:

America is well on it's way to being a third world facist state.

Nah, you're thinking of CanaDuh.

Try again, 'tard boy.

You're too predictable, and boring and the epitome of why America is going
downhill. You are also say you are in favor of limiting freeedom, much like
facist and communists do. Sorry, but you go in the killfile.

dxAce
Michigan
USA