Old February 26th 05, 05:48 PM
David

NPR, having to rely on the highly partisan HOR (what an appropriate
acronym for the House of Representatives) for their lifeblood is
meticulously accurate and actually goes out of their way to present
conservative angles, even when they are too whack to be taken
seriously by well informed citizens.

This Blue/Red schism is not indicative of a whole lot. It is
interesting to note that the states which vote Republican get more tax
dollars back than they contribute, mainly in the form of subsidies to
prop up enterprises that cannot compete in a free market.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:32:32 -0500, "john sumner"
wrote:

That is food for thought, and yes i do listen to fox news and i do get that.
RHF wrote in message
roups.com...
JS,
.
So for you - it is "About" 'both sides of the story'
[ In Search of "The Whole Truth" ]
.
There are 'both sides' and There Are "Both Sides" !
"Both Sides" meaning Fairness in the Treatment of All Sides;
Balancing the View Points; and Equal Time for All Opinions.
.
I may not know 'both sides' when I see it :-{
.
But, I Know "Both Sides" When I Hear It ;-}
.
"Both Sides" {Fair-and-Balanced} is is the Mind of the Listener.
[ We Know What We Hear - Like It or Not ! ]
.
NPR's 'both sides' is using a so called Moderate Speaker and
a Liberal Speaker to give two 'Enlightened" Points-of-View.
NPR's 'tactic-strategy' is to Minimizing-by-Omission and
they often attack the opposing Conservative Point of View.
.
Mostly on NPR the True Conservative Voice is Never Heard [.]
{ Therefore - On NPR 'you' seldom really Hear "The Whole Truth" }
.
Something-to-Think-About - The Status of "RED" and 'blue' America.
Point-of-Fact: Beyond the Red and Blue States there are the
Red Counties and Blue Counties that make up every part of America.
AMERICA IS RED = http://michellemalkin.com/archives/000792.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic.../countymap.htm
.
so say i - my opinions stated as facts ~ RHF
.
.

Old February 26th 05, 05:52 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

NPR, having to rely on the highly partisan HOR (what an appropriate
acronym for the House of Representatives) for their lifeblood is
meticulously accurate and actually goes out of their way to present
conservative angles, even when they are too whack to be taken
seriously by well informed citizens.

This Blue/Red schism is not indicative of a whole lot. It is
interesting to note that the states which vote Republican get more tax
dollars back than they contribute, mainly in the form of subsidies to
prop up enterprises that cannot compete in a free market.

Does NPR actually 'compete' in a free market?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

wrote:

That is food for thought, and yes i do listen to fox news and i do get that.
RHF wrote in message
roups.com...
JS,
.

Old February 26th 05, 08:22 PM
RHF

DaviD,
Old February 26th 05, 08:36 PM

KJ,
Old February 27th 05, 03:47 PM
David

I'm not a liberal. NPR receives federal matching grants which are
contingent on local community support. All civilized countries
subsidize a form of public broadcasting as it is essential to
democracy.

When you say you vote with your pocketbook, what you are really saying
is that you are a whore and that you carry a purse.

On 26 Feb 2005 12:22:08 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD,
.
At last a Liberal who Admits that NPR does 'receive' Tax Money
in some form to help pay for it's various operations and functions.
.
And 'you' are the one to define "Who" is a Well-Informed-Citizen ?
.
NOTE - It has always been claimed that American's Vote Their Pocket
Books.
.
But it is Ok for NPR to be Tax Payer Subsidized ?
.
the truth shall set you free - be free ~ RHF
.
.

Old February 27th 05, 03:50 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

I'm not a liberal.

That is correct. You are merely a 'tard.

Now, go yank on mommys apron strings and tell her it's time for your meds.
She'll be so proud that you finally figured something out on your own.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 27th 05, 05:07 PM
Cheeks

Mark S. Holden wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

snip

It's the coward and draft dodger's first trip outside
the U.S. apparently.

You're mistaken. I only hear about an hour a week of his program, but I'm sure
he's mentioned various trips to Europe (including France) and the middle east.

Yeh, come to think of it, I had heard that the
coward and draft dodger had been to France. Wonder
what the Limbeciles would think about that?

--
MAKE THE PIE HIGHER
by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet become more few?

How many hands have I shacked?
They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation finds hope, where
our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize Society!
Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!
Old February 27th 05, 08:51 PM
RHF

DaviD,
Old February 27th 05, 11:49 PM
David

That's flawed logic. Besides, there's more to it than just having a
government funding scheme. The entity must be competent and
editorially independent.

On 27 Feb 2005 12:51:07 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD,
.
Then according to your logic : China, North Korea and Iran must be
some of the most civilized and democratic countries in the world.
.
"Voting Your Pocket Book" is just an expression used by the Media.
What you read into it - Being a Whore ! - Carrying a Purse !
Is more of a Reflexion on 'your' personal State-of-Mind = "Sick"
.
butt - that's just my opinion ~ RHF
.
.