Old February 24th 05, 09:05 PM

Mrs.Pock,, you are a piece of ****!
cuhulin

Old February 24th 05, 10:33 PM

get back on your meds

Old February 25th 05, 03:18 AM
uncle arnie

Telamon wrote:

The short wave reception has been much improved the last few days in
contrast to the news group which seems to keep getting worse.

With the improved short wave conditions I seem to notice more DRM
signals on the bands. What a bunch of noise those signals are with most
covering three channels.

Had an amusing moment with Havana Cuba complaining about the Bush
"propaganda machine."

All signals beamed my way are very strong and many weak signals not
beamed this way aplenty these last few days. Wish I had more time to
listen.

I can't recall the name of the announcer on R Havana, but there's guy there
with a really smooth voice who should be narrating bedtime stories. One of
the nicer voices on radio IMHO. Generally don't listen to this station
unless something interesting is going on. I liked the Elian Gonzales
(spelling?) thing a few years back for the official Cuban perspective.
Old February 25th 05, 03:21 AM
uncle arnie

Honus wrote:

wrote in message
IRELAND?,,,,, brits OUT!!!!!!
GO IRA,GO!

Still supporting the child-killing terrorists, I see.

I've plonked this cuhulin dude. However, seeing this, I'd suggest he could
use a visit from antiterrorism authorities, whomever your patriot act
empowers to talk to those supporting illegal terror organisations.
Old February 25th 05, 04:17 AM
Honus

"uncle arnie" wrote in message
Honus wrote:

wrote in message
IRELAND?,,,,, brits OUT!!!!!!
GO IRA,GO!

Still supporting the child-killing terrorists, I see.

I've plonked this cuhulin dude. However, seeing this, I'd suggest he

could
use a visit from antiterrorism authorities, whomever your patriot act
empowers to talk to those supporting illegal terror organisations.

Last time I checked, here in the States we were still free to say what we
like...and to think likewise.

Old February 25th 05, 06:37 AM
Telamon

In article ,
clvrmnky wrote:

On 24/02/2005 1:46 AM, Telamon wrote:
[...]
With the improved short wave conditions I seem to notice more DRM
signals on the bands. What a bunch of noise those signals are with most
covering three channels.

I have heard a lot of noise on 49m these last few days. Can you offer
an example of a frequency that has specific DRM traffic on it?

My little radio is not so good at DXing, and I'm close to the Sackville
relay. As a result I tend to listen to these strong signals. They have
been booming in the last few nights.

Had an amusing moment with Havana Cuba complaining about the Bush
"propaganda machine."

Propaganda RHC may be, but many other stations I've been listening to
are as guilty of stretching the limits of my credulity. Some of these
stations are on distant WM and local television too, so draw your own
conclusions.

Every country has it's own propaganda machine. The U.S. is no
different, nor should we expect it to be. The content is often
different depending on the audience (i.e., global or domestic.) Even
the VOA has (had?) a mandate to broadcast official American propaganda
around the world. It's dangerous to listen to anything on RHC _or_ VOA
without a critical ear.

Anyway, the music is better on RHC.

I used to listen to RHC for the music but that has been a while.

Sorry, I didn't note the specific frequencies the DRM signals were on
but I was getting bugged by them on the 31, 25, 19 and 16 meter bands as
I was scanning them.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 25th 05, 03:56 PM
clvrmnky

On 24/02/2005 1:11 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
Anyway, the music is better on RHC

I find that for great Cuban music, R. Rebelde is about tops...but RHC
is fine too.

I've been trying all sorts of random-wire creativity to pick up Radio
Rebelde. So far, no luck.

This whole shortwave thing is a bit of a lobster trap! I thought I'd
just stick my toe in with a little portatop; now I'm seriously eyeing
one of the big tabletop receivers and dreaming up antenna solutions for
my little backyard.
Old February 25th 05, 05:11 PM
bpnjensen

I've been trying all sorts of random-wire creativity to pick up Radio

Rebelde. So far, no luck.

Clvrmnky - Where are you? Radio Rebelde is quite strong, at least here
in the US. The 5025 kHz outlet puts in a spectacular signal here local
evenings (California), even audible on a portable radio. With a modest
additional random wire on your radio, its new 50 kW transmitter packs a
wallop. You should be able to grab it without much trouble.

Bruce Jensen

Old February 26th 05, 04:15 AM
starman

Telamon wrote:

The short wave reception has been much improved the last few days in
contrast to the news group which seems to keep getting worse.

In all honesty you often contribute to the problem by responding to the
OT posts, particularly the political ones. How about exercising more
self control.

Old February 26th 05, 05:32 AM
Telamon

In article , starman
wrote:

Telamon wrote:

The short wave reception has been much improved the last few days in
contrast to the news group which seems to keep getting worse.

In all honesty you often contribute to the problem by responding to the
OT posts, particularly the political ones. How about exercising more
self control.

Typical unhelpful post by Starman.

Well you are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong. I post the
reason that I'm Plonking them and that it. I don't argue with them,
which is the problem with many people in the group like you.

I all the reasonable people would follow my example then the Trolls
would leave or at the least have no effect.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

This News Group Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê Policy 2 August 6th 04 06:36 AM
GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
News group question S R Shortwave 2 March 12th 04 05:07 AM
News Group for shortwave listeners Puma Shortwave 0 January 4th 04 07:31 AM
Comment On This News Group Lynn Coffelt Equipment 0 August 5th 03 06:06 AM