Old March 1st 05, 02:24 AM
running dogg

Default Radio Havana on 11705?

I was listening to the start of Radio Havana's second hour at 0200 on
9820 when they announced three frequencies: 6000, 9820 and what sounded
like 11705. Passport doesn't have them listed on 11705 at 0200. I tuned
there but all I heard was a carrier. Has anybody heard them on 11705
after 0100 nights local time in North America?

Old March 1st 05, 06:12 AM
Telamon

In article , running dogg wrote:

I was listening to the start of Radio Havana's second hour at 0200 on
9820 when they announced three frequencies: 6000, 9820 and what sounded
like 11705. Passport doesn't have them listed on 11705 at 0200. I tuned
there but all I heard was a carrier. Has anybody heard them on 11705
after 0100 nights local time in North America?

You are doing non standard things in your signature. Please make a small
change to start your sig with --

Most news readers will take the -- as the start of the sig and not make
it part of the reply.

In the past RHC has used this frequency in SSB. I looked it up in this
years Passport and it lists RHC as AM, spanish 11:00 to 15:00 UTC with
100kW to S America.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 2nd 05, 03:06 AM
Telamon

Telamon wrote:

In article , running dogg wrote:

I was listening to the start of Radio Havana's second hour at 0200 on
9820 when they announced three frequencies: 6000, 9820 and what sounded
like 11705. Passport doesn't have them listed on 11705 at 0200. I tuned
there but all I heard was a carrier. Has anybody heard them on 11705
after 0100 nights local time in North America?

You are doing non standard things in your signature. Please make a small
change to start your sig with --

Most news readers will take the -- as the start of the sig and not make
it part of the reply.

The "Posted via Newsfeeds.Com" signature is tacked on by the usenet
server farm that my little mom and pop ISP uses. I have no control over
it. I have no way to NOT include this as part of the message. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but like I said this bit
of self promotion on the server farm's part is automatically included in
every message that I post by the usenet provider.

You might give them a call or email. They might be inclined to fix it.

In the past RHC has used this frequency in SSB. I looked it up in this
years Passport and it lists RHC as AM, spanish 11:00 to 15:00 UTC with
100kW to S America.

Yes, but it's not listed as being on after 0100 in English to NAm.

Well, according to ILG the VOA broadcasts is english on 11,705 during
those times most of the week.

RHC is on 17,705 00:00 to 00:30 UTC. Maybe that is what you heard.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California