Old March 2nd 05, 08:20 PM

Default Cryptome

Can y'all access www.cryptome.org with your computers? I have been
reading cryptome.org since October 1999 with my webtv and I have never
had any problems accessing cryptome.org untill yesterday evening.When I
click on cryptome.org now,I get a webtv pop up sign that says,The
publisher refuses to give you access to the requested page.I know better
than that,the webmaster at cryptome.org never refuses to grant access to
cryptome.org to anybody.I don't believe it is webtv's fault that I can
not access cryptome.org
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 05, 12:17 AM
k35454

wrote in message
Can y'all access www.cryptome.org with your computers? I have been
reading cryptome.org since October 1999 with my webtv and I have never
had any problems accessing cryptome.org untill yesterday evening.When I
click on cryptome.org now,I get a webtv pop up sign that says,The
publisher refuses to give you access to the requested page.I know better
than that,the webmaster at cryptome.org never refuses to grant access to
cryptome.org to anybody.I don't believe it is webtv's fault that I can
not access cryptome.org
cuhulin

Tried it... worked for me. k35454.

Old March 3rd 05, 03:23 AM

From what I have read recently in some webtv news groups lately,best
guesstimates are there are about 600,000 to about 800,000 (it used to be
about 1,000,000 or more) folks who use webtv,not even a drop in the
bucket compared to how many computer users there are Worldwide and
growing by the minute.At any one minute of every day and night,seven
days and nights of every week,there are more and more computers being
sold to folks who have never used a computer before.I seriously doubt if
any webtv users are screwing around with harvesting anything from
www.cryptome.org Our webtv boxes do not have hard drives,we can not
download anything even if we wanted to.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 05, 03:34 AM

I own and use a Velocity Micro,ProMagix tower computer I bought for
$1,290.00 from www.velocitymicro.com last year.Want proof? Come see
for yourself,I will bet you money on that.You don't get it! There are
lots of folks who own computers and webtv boxes and some of those folks
work at computers every day.When they get home,most of those folks want
to lounge on their couch or in their easy chair and surf the internet
and do emailing and other things with their webtv boxes without the
hassels of screwing around with their computers.You are very much
Mistaken about calling webtv users stupid.By the way,I own fourteen
older computers too,come and see for yourself.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 05, 03:37 AM

My IP number changes every single time I turn my webtv box back on.As
far as Unix is concerned,why should I care about Unix? I don't use Unix.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 05, 03:40 AM

I will always remember you are the one who was Stupid,is still Stupid
and will always be Stupid.I admit I am still a computer dummy,but I am
learning.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 05, 03:46 AM

Bring lots of money,all of your money with you too.I will let you keep
enough to buy a sandwich and a bus ride back home.AssHole!,I can Prove
what I say,you come here and see for yourself.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 05, 01:09 PM
john sumner

Cuhulin probably doesn't know what an IP number is. Anybody who would
brag about owning a Webtv is stupid. I remember trying to download
websites on a black and white Mac with a 9600 baud modem. Hell, I
remember trying to negotiate the net using Unix. Quick, cuhulin-what's
Unix? Don't know? Figures.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Webtv is for clueless people who cant afford AOL

Old March 3rd 05, 03:19 PM

Hey, be glad you didn't start at 45 baud.
Old time RTTY was SLOW.
My first landine used my RTTY TU(modem)
to talk to a friends brand spanking new BBS.
Then I upgraded to 110 ASCII.
And my first hard drive was a whopping 5Meg.
That's not a typo, 5,000,000 bytes.
What was I going to fill it with?
An MFM drive running in a 5 slot IBM PC.
Somewhere I still have the Cassette diagnostics
for the original PC. It was the only PC I had that
supported tape, floppy and "hard file". You've never
lived until you use cassette tape to load a basic program
on an IBM.
My brother in law is still using my first IBM PC to run his small
Bingo supply business. That old 5M keep humming along.
I doubt if anything I am running now will still be kicking in 15 years.
Terry